GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seeing as how I did a career in dealing with Hex, Octal, and Binary - you're absolutely correct. Change the letter to a number. Just got done grilling, you beat me to it.

Sage advice here once @RogueClimber gets FORScan.
I'm just a mechanic that somehow made their way into working with all the engineers. I still gotta take off my shoes to count in hex

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
May have found a better option for the DRL brightness. If you did the mod that I deleted I would revert and use this. It just changes the duty cycle so you can actually set what brightness you want. I included the values below. I would discourage going to 100% as we had some folks with flicker (me included) with the old configuration. (The old configuration used 100% all the time and may be why the flickering occured) I’m currently at 75% and will keep an eye on it.

DRL_Ckt_FixedDim_DutyCycle_Cfg
726-38-01 xxxx **xx xx--

64 =100%
5A = 90%
4B =75%
32 = 50%
19 = 25%
0A =10%
I just got around to doing this and couldn't notice much difference between 75% and 100% (no flickering, though), so I just went back to 75%. It appears that it's not just the DRL that's brighter, but also when just parking lights are on, or headlights as well. The amber surround is just perma-brighter, now, and that's great by me!

I want to say that whenever I would have been on DRL prior to this mod, it was definitely brighter than when on parking lights/headlights. It was turn-signal bright when just DRL before the change to "4B". That said, I didn't start the truck and go into any gear/neutral cuz I wasn't going anywhere at this moment. I will be soon and will do my normal testing of signals in front of the windows when I leave. Regardless, a huge difference over the factory's 10%. If it was brighter then and still brighter now, then I guess I just made everything else involving the amber surround outside of DRL brighter. Was that the point of this? Maybe I understood it wrong, though either way, I'm good with the change for sure.

@Antho do you know of a way to increase the brightness of the rear tail surround as well? As far as I could tell, that didn't change along with the DRL (cuz it's not the DRL, presumably), but ya never know...

EDIT: Here's parking lights before @10% and @75% settings.

20230815_162636-COLLAGE.jpg

Last edited:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got around to doing this and couldn't notice much difference between 75% and 100% (no flickering, though), so I just went back to 75%. It appears that it's not just the DRL that's brighter, but also when just parking lights are on, or headlights as well. The amber surround is just perma-brighter, now, and that's great by me!

I want to say that whenever I would have been on DRL prior to this mod, it was definitely brighter than when on parking lights/headlights. It was turn-signal bright when just DRL before the change to "4B". That said, I didn't start the truck and go into any gear/neutral cuz I wasn't going anywhere at this moment. I will be soon and will do my normal testing of signals in front of the windows when I leave. Regardless, a huge difference over the factory's 10%. If it was brighter then and still brighter now, then I guess I just made everything else involving the amber surround outside of DRL brighter. Was that the point of this? Maybe I understood it wrong, though either way, I'm good with the change for sure.

@Antho do you know of a way to increase the brightness of the rear tail surround as well? As far as I could tell, that didn't change along with the DRL (cuz it's not the DRL, presumably), but ya never know...

EDIT: Here's parking lights before @10% and @75% settings.

View attachment 419888
Yeah this didn't do anything for my DRL brightness once in gear (R/N/D) though it did make them permanently brighter whenever they're on, headlights/parking lights. DRL stayed the same.

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, couple of quick questions for you:

1. When heated steering wheel is active, do you see a steering wheel icon one the sync screen?

I recently added HSW to my 23' along with the digital temp HVAC with the physical HSW button. Everything is working except I do not see an icon on the screen. My old feeble brain tells me that I saw this on my last truck and that it should be on this one as well. If so, perhaps I need to make another change for it to show up?

2. Does fogs with DRL work on Raptors? I can't see why not, but technically the fog lights themselves are different than F150 fogs so hence the question.

3. Looking for confirmation that including fogs with DRL and parking lights with DRL can be used at the same time?

Thanks,

Jaime

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone, couple of quick questions for you:

1. When heated steering wheel is active, do you see a steering wheel icon one the sync screen?

I recently added HSW to my 23' along with the digital temp HVAC with the physical HSW button. Everything is working except I do not see an icon on the screen. My old feeble brain tells me that I saw this on my last truck and that it should be on this one as well. If so, perhaps I need to make another change for it to show up?

2. Does fogs with DRL work on Raptors? I can't see why not, but technically the fog lights themselves are different than F150 fogs so hence the question.

3. Looking for confirmation that including fogs with DRL and parking lights with DRL can be used at the same time?

Thanks,

Jaime
1. I do not have any icon on the screen with my HSW in my '22. I do not have the climate bar or other associated changes to the unreal theme, though.

2. I cannot get the FORScan mod for "fogs with DRL" to work in my truck no matter what I do. I just reconfirmed, at least in my instance, that it does want work (on my truck).

3. Parking lights with DRL absolutely does work. I've had it since day two with my truck.

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. I do not have any icon on the screen with my HSW in my '22. I do not have the climate bar or other associated changes to the unreal theme, though.

2. I cannot get the FORScan mod for "fogs with DRL" to work in my truck no matter what I do. I just reconfirmed, at least in my instance, that it does want work (on my truck).

3. Parking lights with DRL absolutely does work. I've had it since day two with my truck.
Thanks for the reply! Just to better understand your reply...

1. You have the unreal theme installed? I am not sure what this actually does, or if it would prevent a possible icon.. No clue if this is good information for me, haha.

2. Crap - if I correctly interpreted what you wrote.

3. I did see your previous posts on this, so good news. I was more wondering if it worked at the same time as fogs with DRL. But I am afraid I now have my answer. That said, did you try fogs with DRL by itself and it still didn't work?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! Just to better understand your reply...

1. You have the unreal theme installed? I am not sure what this actually does, or if it would prevent a possible icon.. No clue if this is good information for me, haha.

2. Crap - if I correctly interpreted what you wrote.

3. I did see your previous posts on this, so good news. I was more wondering if it worked at the same time as fogs with DRL. But I am afraid I now have my answer. That said, did you try fogs with DRL by itself and it still didn't work?
1. The unreal theme is just that, a theme, a look. It is a prerequisite for other modifications within the APIM depending on what you want to do. Again, I did all these mods on day two so I couldn't tell you what the normal setting looks like, even. Guess it'd be easy enough to look at any F-150 at a lot. That said, it completely changed when I enabled the climate control bar on the display, though I didn't like it and removed it.

2. If you get it working, please let us know!

3. I've not reversed the configuration to try seeing if fogs with DRL works without parking lights with DRL. Seems rather disconnected to me between the two, but you never know. I've done it, loaded ABD, done it again, reset, loaded ABD, made the modification... nothing worked for me. I wanted to simply free up an AUX switch. Just get the relocation harness from @Specialtyperformanceparts and go from there if you're wanting to run the outside set of fogs independently. I did that for a day or two and then said screw that and went for SPV's triple fog kit. The relocation harness still plays a serious part in the setup, though. Never looked back after that.

1692500946376.png