GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RogueClimber

Captain Rob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I read 73 pages... I don't remember seeing what this means:

Disable key-in ignition chimeIPC720-02-01xx*xxxxxxx--subtract 8 from current value (if E change to 6)

if the current value where the * is is 4, you subtract 8 and get -4??? So you enter -4???

And if E you change to 6 then subtract 8???

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, I read 73 pages... I don't remember seeing what this means:

Disable key-in ignition chimeIPC720-02-01xx*xxxxxxx--subtract 8 from current value (if E change to 6)

if the current value where the * is is 4, you subtract 8 and get -4??? So you enter -4???

And if E you change to 6 then subtract 8???
Absolutely not. There's no -4 in Hex. Please either get on Wikipedia and look at Hex or I'll respond later cuz I'm grilling and can't take the time at the moment.

If you have 4 ABD, you literally cannot subtract 8 from 4 in 0x unless it starts over and goes to C? Hmm that's wild.

Hey, back up your stock values and go for it! See what happens!

RogueClimber

Captain Rob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have 4 ABD, you literally cannot subtract 8 from 4 in 0x unless it starts over and goes to C? Hmm that's wild.
That's why I asked the question. It doesn't make sense to me but the spread sheet says subtract 8

Does that mean the only current value is 8 or 9?

RogueClimber

Captain Rob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is your current value? 4? This is a mod I've not done, I'm sorry!
Sorry, I should have stated earlier: I have not done Forscan yet, I am in the learn as much as I can stage before I begin to tamper with code (Infantry guy... a stick and a rock are my usual tools)

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, I should have stated earlier: I have not done Forscan yet, I am in the learn as much as I can stage before I begin to tamper with code (Infantry guy... a stick and a rock are my usual tools)
Ha, I did some time with JSOC (as Navy) so I'm right there with you bubba - I aren't too smart.

But really man, get FORScan, get either a temp license and be ready to go balls out before it expires, or get the 12-month, support their development, and have time to do shit.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast, right?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In hex 0-9 mean exactly that, 0 to 9. Past that A=10, B=11, etc all the way to F. So E means 14, so 14 - 8 = 6
Seeing as how I did a career in dealing with Hex, Octal, and Binary - you're absolutely correct. Change the letter to a number. Just got done grilling, you beat me to it.

Sage advice here once @RogueClimber gets FORScan.