Gen 3 Common issues we are now seeing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chadinokc

Reaction score
Funny, I had literally the same exact thing happen on Saturday. 2 weeks old, ~1200 miles. Just like you, turned it off, then started it back up, and everything has been perfectly fine.
Otherwise, it's been perfect, and I've tested just about everything so far. :)
I had the same thing happen to me twice now on my 23. All I did to fix was switch to a different audio source and it would go back to normal, then change back. Happened once on Carplay, switches to SiriusXM and it stopped. :33:

chadinokc

Reaction score
2023 Raptor here. Bought it last week. Yesterday at 293 miles on the truck I did a remote start and it started up running very rough with service engine lights on. It wouldn’t go over 8mph so I’m assuming limp mode. Turned it off then restarted normally and it was fine. Engine light gone. Took to the dealer and they saw a P2101 throttle code error had happened. Hasn’t happened since but then again it’s only been a day.
I had this happen a few weeks ago too! Remote stared the truck, got in and it was shaking and check engine light was on. Turned it off and back on and its been fine. This was at like 400 miles. I have 1500 now and it hasn't done it again.

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else getting a warning chirp when riding over some bumps? While riding on some bumpy class VI roads in both 4A and 2H with and without the driver assist on, I occasionally get a single chirp. Thought it might be the assist but shutting that off it still happens.
Most likely tailgate. I’ve been battling tailgate issues since day 1. If it sense it isn’t in the perfect position it’ll chime or like me just think the tailgate is down 24/7. My dealer replaced the studs that it locks to and it worked for about a month and a half and then boom right back to thinking my tailgate is down all the time.

Mallon3194

Reaction score
I’ve had my raptor less than a year, 8k miles on it,

Started having issues with the rattling exhaust, went to ford… said they are aware and are working in a solution.

Then around 5 months in and 6k miles my exhaust failed to change exhaust modes, the dash would show im selecting a mode but the exhaust noise would not change …the weird thing It doesn’t sound like it’s stuck in one of the preset modes, it’s almost like a blowout sort of sound just constant noise when cruising along ( there is no blow out) so I leave it in, ford says there’s nothing wrong they reset the battery and called me saying it’s fixed, it was not, I’ve left it in two more times and the cannot seem to solve the issue. Currently I’m waiting in the exhaust actuator ( ETA August 29th) and it’s been in there this time almost 2 weeks, previous to this it was 10 days and before that it was 7 days …I’ve been told I should start a buyback, has anyone else had the same issues?

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my raptor less than a year, 8k miles on it,

Started having issues with the rattling exhaust, went to ford… said they are aware and are working in a solution.

Then around 5 months in and 6k miles my exhaust failed to change exhaust modes, the dash would show im selecting a mode but the exhaust noise would not change …the weird thing It doesn’t sound like it’s stuck in one of the preset modes, it’s almost like a blowout sort of sound just constant noise when cruising along ( there is no blow out) so I leave it in, ford says there’s nothing wrong they reset the battery and called me saying it’s fixed, it was not, I’ve left it in two more times and the cannot seem to solve the issue. Currently I’m waiting in the exhaust actuator ( ETA August 29th) and it’s been in there this time almost 2 weeks, previous to this it was 10 days and before that it was 7 days …I’ve been told I should start a buyback, has anyone else had the same issues?
A buyback over an exhaust issue? :facepalm:

Why would the dealer keep your vehicle 2 weeks if the part wasn’t available?

It’s not a complicated system whatsoever. It’s consists of 2 actuators and a muffler. If the actuators don’t fix it they’ll need to replace the muffler. There’s no reason it can’t be driven in the mean time.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is more common than I think everyone realizes.

I have a issue with my tailgate and I took it to Galpin Ford where I bought it was and was told "you need to leave it for us to look at it and it's a 2 week wait". No option to make an appointment and come back. I had to leave it.

I took it to a different dealer this morning that diagnosed it as a bad module and they are going to call me next week when the parts in and have it replaced.

Mallon3194

Reaction score
A buyback over an exhaust issue? :facepalm:

It’s not a complicated system whatsoever. It’s consists of 2 actuators and a muffler. If the actuators don’t fix it they’ll need to replace the muffler. There’s no reason it can’t be driven in the mean time.
It’s a 90grand truck, not counting the mark up from the dealer, as stated I’ve had the vehicle in 3 times for the one issue within 6 months, as to why would it be in for 2 weeks your guess is as good as mine, only I picked it up today it would of sat there as it took me to go in and ask for it, I kept getting (no eta on part) until I showed up today!

As for the buy back, that’s one issue out of a few ive had electrical issues along with all this, constant trailer warning messages that flashes very minute or so while driving ( when there’s no trailer attached) ( main screen shutting down randomly driving and not turning on again until I restart the truck, windows going down when I’m trying to put them up! Smaller issues yes, but bringing the truck in and out of the dealership, paying out of pocket for a rental at times (“dealership has a limited number of them”)

So yea I’d say that’s a pretty good reason to ask for a buy back!

Mallon3194

Reaction score
This is more common than I think everyone realizes.

I have a issue with my tailgate and I took it to Galpin Ford where I bought it was and was told "you need to leave it for us to look at it and it's a 2 week wait". No option to make an appointment and come back. I had to leave it.

I took it to a different dealer this morning that diagnosed it as a bad module and they are going to call me next week when the parts in and have it replaced.
Exactly, I’m not being unreasonable, I’ve a good relationship with my service advisor (told me to ask for the buy back) all in all my vehicle has been in the dealership over two months (in and out) and I’ve owned it less than 8months!

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
bringing the truck in and out of the dealership, paying out of pocket for a rental at times (“dealership has a limited number of them”)
Does your dealer have a partnership with a rental company, like Enterprise or somebody? If my dealer didn't have any loaners, they'd ALWAYS get me set up with a rental...absolutely nothing out of pocket.

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a 90grand truck, not counting the mark up from the dealer, as stated I’ve had the vehicle in 3 times for the one issue within 6 months, as to why would it be in for 2 weeks your guess is as good as mine, only I picked it up today it would of sat there as it took me to go in and ask for it, I kept getting (no eta on part) until I showed up today!
That’s what you need to be asking. If they’re not working on the vehicle, there is no reason for it to sit there on their lot, especially if you’re paying for a rental out of pocket.
As for the buy back, that’s one issue out of a few ive had electrical issues along with all this, constant trailer warning messages that flashes very minute or so while driving ( when there’s no trailer attached) ( main screen shutting down randomly driving and not turning on again until I restart the truck, windows going down when I’m trying to put them up! Smaller issues yes, but bringing the truck in and out of the dealership, paying out of pocket for a rental at times (“dealership has a limited number of them”)
You mentioned ForScan mods in another thread, have you modified anything? You also said the window issue was resolved by simply resetting the auto up function.

The majority of infotainment system issues are caused by the devices paired to the system. Have you done a Master Reset and verified both Sync and your devices are updated to the latest software levels?
So yea I’d say that’s a pretty good reason to ask for a buy back!
Only in California does everyone think they’re entitled to have everything “bought back” for even the most mild of inconveniences. Your service writer is suggesting “buy back” because it costs them nothing and they don’t have to deal with it anymore. Ask them to trade you out of it for a ‘23 at no additional cost to you and see how their attitude changes.