GEN 2 [GEN 2] Raptor, I expect to be a beast.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSBRaptor

Reaction score
Can we all agree on one thing

It's a raptor, if its a 2010-2014 or a 2017. It still has the raptor name and it's still going to be fun to drive, well anywhere you want, right.......

When i do get my raptor im not going to say " my raptor is better then your because _______!" what i am going to say " hey, where do you want to tear up some earth" or some shit like that.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, see you in a few months then.......

13222297657813.gif

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bickering is old at this point. Let the truck speak for itself. Its going to be a LONG couple of months around here especially if Ford doesnt release any new info for awhile.

I agree 100%. But that goes for both sides of the ball. If we say let the truck speak for itself, then people need to stop with the perfection and Ford talking point threads. It will be a long few months but longer storms have been weathered over the years.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Lets take a poll ,Clone BJ Baldwin in a stock 2014 raptor and a stock 2017 raptor off road SAME driving conditions running the baja 1000. In Who do you gen 1 nut swingers think would be the fastest?

What happened to this forum, so sad.

You can't answer that because no one has specs for the new one let alone real world feedback.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Upset how, i have and will have both. That is why you have a warranty and can purchase an extended, Its a ford after all.

It just sad to see how ****** this forum has become with the negative hype of the 2017. Enthusiast should be proud ford is producing a new and improved one. But that's the problem this forum grew to big and is not filled with true enthusiast anymore.

It's not negative, it's realistic non-hype based off of experience of living through the first round of Ford hype up only to be let down with frame bending, power steering and IWE 4x4 issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...With the [GEN 2] high out put I would expect it to be similar to the new high out put 3.5L EcoBoost in the 2016 Ford GT if not the same engine. With the power not being a problem, it is mainly not having the sound of the 6.2L V8. which I understand, but if you need more grunt then upgrade the exhaust system.

(if you do believe me that the ecoboost raptor is going to be amazing then check out the SDHQ Eco-Raptor.

https://youtu.be/wYWE11Oo5rg...

That video always annoyed me because they talk over the truck so you can't hear it.

And they sound worse with aftermarket exhaust.

Hopefully by 2020 there will be another engine option. Perhaps even a Raptor R with the engine from the (hopefully) forthcoming GT500.

Hey, a guy can dream.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes guys dream about supermodels they'll never get in a thousand years ever get....just sayin'...

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Noted, well check back in 30 years when the all electric 100% torque on demand motor on each wheel is the norm and you're railing around in your raptor being nostalgic.

Me from my beer cooler wheelchair, with lubricated pocket catheter and less the confidence to travel like I did 30 years ago.

Like when we were supposed to all be in flying cars 30 years ago...

OP
OP

2011SuperCrew

Reaction score
I don't get the desire for the big motor... If it's LESS powerful, LESS torquey and costs MORE to run... Why would you want it? Is it really just the 'sound'? If so, you could just buy a Soundracer and make it sound like whatever you like!

http://www.soundracer.se/

I won't deny that a 427 with a lopey idle sounds awesome... I love muscle as much as the next guy, but I'd rather have my new truck as powerful and efficient as possible if I'm going to daily-drive it.

I'll build a sand-rail or Baja buggy with a cammed LS7 to play with on the weekend! Hell, even THOSE guys run big turbos these days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.