GEN 2 [GEN 2] Raptor, I expect to be a beast.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks bud and thanks @WyoStorm. I'm right on the same page as you. Reminds me of the muscle cars of the 60's and early 70's. Classics. Big ass motors that were just mean and gnarly and didn't give a shit about gas mileage and emissions. The way the world is going, it's going to be REALLY REALLY difficult for any major auto maker to ever come out with anything with a big motor anymore. Like you said @Xwelder, sure I can get some *** crap that might get better mileage and maybe even go faster...but where is the cool factor and the nostalgia to that. In 30-40 years, I'm going to want the 6.2L back...cause it'll be extinct, not a boosted small motor.

I'm just hoping to still be driving in 30-40 years lol! One thing I'm pretty sure of though, I'll be keeping my current gen1 for a LONG time! I'm not much of a car trader. If it's good, I keep it. I'd rather have the trouble of which ones get the garage.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Upset how, i have and will have both. That is why you have a warranty and can purchase an extended, Its a ford after all.

It just sad to see how ****** this forum has become with the negative hype of the 2017. Enthusiast should be proud ford is producing a new and improved one. But that's the problem this forum grew to big and is not filled with true enthusiast anymore.

I see the gen1 vs gen2 quarrel as just another storm that will eventually blow over. FRF has weathered plenty of similar shit shows in the past. Show me one forum where everyone agrees on everything. I think we see a lot of passion from people, not a lack of enthusiasm.

The Eco boost comes with a big set of balls no doubt. Can't deny its superiority in the power department. There is always warranty to fall back on, but there are also places these trucks are taken where a major malfunction is not an option. Ford will not rescue you on top of Engineer pass, nor will most towing companies attempt to try. But then again I know the only way the Eco boost will get better is to continue to let it run its course in the hands of customers.

When you race them on paper, the gen 2 wins on every performance metric. But it's paper. The hype of the gen 2 only has merit because its riding the wakes of a legend that the gen 1 left behind. The gen 2 has done nothing to prove itself, but yet people are already claiming victory. Thats why I think some members get twisted off. These shit storms are when products have to prove themselves because people won't accept sub par performance. History has shown that. Let the gen2 get scrutinized, whatever doesn't live up to the hype will be improved upon making it an all around better truck.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I see the gen1 vs gen2 quarrel as just another storm that will eventually blow over. FRF has weathered plenty of similar shit shows in the past. Show me one forum where everyone agrees on everything. I think we see a lot of passion from people, not a lack of enthusiasm.

The Eco boost comes with a big set of balls no doubt. Can't deny its superiority in the power department. There is always warranty to fall back on, but there are also places these trucks are taken where a major malfunction is not an option. Ford will not rescue you on top of Engineer pass, nor will most towing companies attempt to try. But then again I know the only way the Eco boost will get better is to continue to let it run its course in the hands of customers.

When you race them on paper, the gen 2 wins on every performance metric. But it's paper. The hype of the gen 2 only has merit because its riding the wakes of a legend that the gen 1 left behind. The gen 2 has done nothing to prove itself, but yet people are already claiming victory. Thats why I think some members get twisted off. These shit storms are when products have to prove themselves because people won't accept sub par performance. History has shown that. Let the gen2 get scrutinized, whatever doesn't live up to the hype will be improved upon making it an all around better truck.

The bickering is old at this point. Let the truck speak for itself. Its going to be a LONG couple of months around here especially if Ford doesnt release any new info for awhile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.