GEN 2 [GEN 2] Raptor, I expect to be a beast.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because you don't buy a Raptor for fuel economy.

You buy it for POWAHHHH. This time around it's gonna have BOOOST too. Sweet sweet spooling warp drive in Baja mode.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't get the desire for the big motor... If it's LESS powerful, LESS torquey and costs MORE to run... Why would you want it? Is it really just the 'sound'? If so, you could just buy a Soundracer and make it sound like whatever you like!

SoundRacer

I won't deny that a 427 with a lopey idle sounds awesome... I love muscle as much as the next guy, but I'd rather have my new truck as powerful and efficient as possible if I'm going to daily-drive it.

I'll build a sand-rail or Baja buggy with a cammed LS7 to play with on the weekend! Hell, even THOSE guys run big turbos these days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get why you think it would cost less to run? On boost, it's going to be making more power and burning more fuel. The lighter weight will be an offset, sure, but overall I don't think the real world fuel economy is going to be different enough for most guys to notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.