Fuel grade required for the 2nd gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, I really need to let you guys talk amongst yourself, but your level of stupidity is astounding.

BMW, Ferrari and Raptor don't belong in the same sentence. You sound like a guy who bought his very first performance car. If so, I am really happy for you. You ever owned anything nicer than your Raptor? Doesn't sound like it.

Lets see, elite sports sedan, elite sports car, and elite performance truck. Hmmmmmm, you're right, I cannot think of anything these vehicles have in common.

I'd prefer to think you are simply an internet troll trying to stir shit up. Unfortunately it seems like you really are as stupid as you sound.

To answer your question, I have lots of seat time in Ferraris. No I didn't own them, but driving a Ferrari you don't have to pay for is the best kind of Ferrari. I also own an e93 M3 and have had many other BMWs over the years. And yes, the Raptor puts the exact same smile on my face that BMWs and Ferraris do.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some people buy BMWs, Ferraris, and Raptors because they get a thrill out of the superior performance. Others buy them because they are status symbols. You made it abundantly clear which kind of buyer you are. I enjoy the performance. You don't. To each their own. But stop making idiotic statements claiming higher octane fuel is nothing but a marketing gimmick.

Yes I am convinced that xxaarraa is more of a "fanboi" of expensive cars. There is nothing wrong with this. The key word here is "versatility". The truck itself as well as it's ability to run on different octane fuels makes it versatile. Nobody wants to hear about the Ferrari that you used to have. Calling people names like "stupid" "rice racing" "clown" "Einstein" on a message board is not cool. It makes you look bad, and I am sure that you are not a dumb as you look. Maybe the self imposed "time out" is a good idea before you get a "spanking".

Last edited:

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The difference between 87 and 91/93 octane is like $10-15 a tank. I just don't see why you would ever run 87? Ford recommends premium, just spend the extra money. If you cant afford that, just by a Honda. If you can afford it but choose to be stubborn and know more than Ford, then good luck and dont bitch when your the pcm can't pull timing fast enough one time and you toast an engine. Which will likely happen long after your warranty has expired and your on the hook!

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
Where are you getting your math? The difference from regular to premium is $25 per tank. It would be stupid to run premium just to run premium. Ford recommends 87 octane, so run it. If you run higher octane, you are wasting your money.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where are you getting your math? The difference from regular to premium is $25 per tank. It would be stupid to run premium just to run premium. Ford recommends 87 octane, so run it. If you run higher octane, you are wasting your money.

If you crawled from under your rock a little sooner you'd know that Ford recommends Premium for the Raptor.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where? It says all day long that you can run 87.

Your previous post didn't say "ford says you can run 87" it said ford "recommends" 87. They do not. In fact, it explicitly recommends premium

Last edited:

pchmotoho

Reaction score

You must have an incredibly huge tank to have a $25.00 difference between 87 and 91 octane. At 20 cents difference between 87 and 91 (at least where I live) your tank is 125 gallons.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
35x.20=7.00
35x.70=24.5

70 cents more for premium to make that 25 dollars extra per fill up. That better be some fine ass premium gas with non ethanol and crack *******.

pchmotoho

Reaction score
35x.20=7.00
35x.70=24.5

70 cents more for premium to make that 25 dollars extra per fill up. That better be some fine ass premium gas with non ethanol and crack *******.

Or perhaps he gets 91 at the full service pump. In the city where I work I believe full service is close to 80 cents more a gallon, and YES! people use it.