GEN 2 FTMUL $6000 3.5 eco tune up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What hes saying mostly makes sense and he's a great guy. But 6k? Thats why I have an extended warranty. If I need this kind of repair bill i think im looking for a new truck at that point. Then again i typically treat vehicles pretty well and have not had catastrophic issue since 97 …

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What hes saying mostly makes sense and he's a great guy. But 6k? Thats why I have an extended warranty. If I need this kind of repair bill i think im looking for a new truck at that point. Then again i typically treat vehicles pretty well and have not had catastrophic issue since 97 …
He makes a good case with all the hoses for sure. If you were looking at a new/used one to buy.... I would be looking at ALL those things for sure.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If I owned one that might be something I would try on my own. I get he owns a business. As a Business I wouldn't do it to someone else's truck. Have the liability come back to you.
Yup, good point. You’re right. I see the logic in what he’s saying, you have it apart already, let’s not have it come back for something that could require additional surgery.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, good point. You’re right. I see the logic in what he’s saying, you have it apart already, let’s not have it come back for something that could require additional surgery.
I think his point is completely valid. I am essentially doing this when doing cam phasers next week. It’s paying for parts since labor is already done.

I’m not replacing coolant lines unless look bad or fail under pressure, but I do have new reservoir tank lid, along with everything else in his video.

My estimated bill is going to be $4900. My extended warranty ran dry at 100,000 miles. Phasers never made a sound until 102,000 miles. So $4900 means 2 year workmanship warranty with unlimited miles. We shall see…….

It’s still cheaper vs buying a $90,000 replacement that I’m not in love with.

raptorsub

Reaction score
His name is Brian. He just got back to me and the quote for my 2018 is $4,250. I wouldn't need the oil pan as mine was after the change from plastic. I've been looking for a shop to get the work done. And with some of my past experiences with the dealerships I decided to contact him.