TCU tune delete and reinstall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the CDF hub... these trucks are as follows... Cam phasers, Transmission CDF hub sleeve slips/moves, and pinion bearings take a $hit. Now I'm just stressin' over what side of the cam phaser fence I'm on with a 11/19 build date (even though I had the updated ECU mapping done early).

OP
OP
SCAR911

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soooo....took the tune off again. Truck shifts perfectly in normal and sport mode. All gears. I hate cars.

Zeusmotorworks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adaptive learning is a thing. So when it initially did it, I initially dismissed it as having recently been reset, and only happening under certain conditions. So try to make sure you replicate whatever conditions was causing your issue.

OP
OP
SCAR911

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adaptive learning is a thing. So when it initially did it, I initially dismissed it as having recently been reset, and only happening under certain conditions. So try to make sure you replicate whatever conditions was causing your issue.
Thought about that. Putting the tune back on then just driving a while. But when I initially put it on, it made it perfect right off the bat. This reminds me now how crappy these trucks are stock. I almost hate driving it now. The area under the curve power and transmission program is absolute garbage

Zeusmotorworks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Transmissions great as long as you’re at full throttle and only at full throttle without peddling it at all. Otherwise, I find it as laggy, unpredictable, and quirky as a m e t h w h o r e.

Yet, I still love this truck more than I ever expected to.

OP
OP
SCAR911

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Transmissions great as long as you’re at full throttle and only at full throttle without peddling it at all. Otherwise, I find it as laggy, unpredictable, and quirky as a m e t h w h o r e.

Yet, I still love this truck more than I ever expected to.
With a tune or stock?