Ford Says Its New 7.3-Liter V8 Can Fit In The F-150, Mustang

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That was marketing bro, just like when they sold you a Taurus motor in your Raptor.

Here, read this: https://www.enginelabs.com/news/video-10000-rpm-dart-ls-next-pro-stock-engine/

That link you sent has nothing to do with Fords 7.3 so I'm not sure what your point is. I get that the performance you're after is being able to tow, going up hill, passing semis against a headwind without having to downshift. Super duty with this 7.3 is perfect for what you enjoy doing. It doesn't belong in a high performance vehicle like a Gen 2+ Raptor or Mustang, which is why it isn't going in a Raptor or Mustang.

Raptors aren't super duty's and most Raptor owners don't want them to be.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Those posts were pure nonsense and directly contradicted not only themselves but also reality.

Don't stick up for your girls just because that's what girls do. :shrug:

was it ’taurus motor’ that earned you your last time out? I need to check my PMs. I know it was the $hit show thready you were arguing with someone here about.
I know that
I dunno emoticon was featured pretty heavily. You have to try really hard to get a time out here.

The 7.3 is going into the super duty. Great. it would fit in an F150, possibly a Mustang with work and yeah some of us would like to see it.
Maybe the 7.3 ends up being lighter than the 6.2. Maybe the 3.5TT, maybe it will get decent mpg- a huge concern of the OG / Gen 1 / Jennifer crowd since 2010

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Serious question. If the 7.3 fits in my bathtub, does that mean Ford will put one in my bathtub? Just curious. I measured and it will definitely fit. I'm getting really excited to hear that V8 rumble and feel all that low-end torque when I'm taking my bubble bath.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Serious question. If the 7.3 fits in my bathtub, does that mean Ford will put one in my bathtub? Just curious. I measured and it will definitely fit. I'm getting really excited to hear that V8 rumble and feel all that low-end torque when I'm taking my bubble bath.
Good point. I remember in the movie Major League, they did that with an outboard motor, so it is entirely possible.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That link you sent has nothing to do with Fords 7.3 so I'm not sure what your point is. I get that the performance you're after is being able to tow, going up hill, passing semis against a headwind without having to downshift. Super duty with this 7.3 is perfect for what you enjoy doing. It doesn't belong in a high performance vehicle like a Gen 2+ Raptor or Mustang, which is why it isn't going in a Raptor or Mustang.

Raptors aren't super duty's and most Raptor owners don't want them to be.

My point is that there is nothing inherently "low rpm" about pushrods. They can and do perform at RPM levels well beyond what any street engine will ever see.

And that isn't the performance I'm after, my friend. That is, however, something my truck can do that yours can't. Another is making 700+ horsepower without spinning a bearing. And did you really just call your 14 second pickup truck a high performance vehicle?

:lol2:

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My point is that there is nothing inherently "low rpm" about pushrods. They can and do perform at RPM levels well beyond what any street engine will ever see.

And that isn't the performance I'm after, my friend. That is, however, something my truck can do that yours can't. Another is making 700+ horsepower without spinning a bearing. And did you really just call your 14 second pickup truck a high performance vehicle?

:lol2:

Dude... what’s your deal? Why are you even on this forum if you don’t own a Raptor... specifically a Gen 2?

Of course the Raptor is a high performance truck... the highest performance factory truck you can buy.

It’s clear your old school preference is on drag racing performance. Vehicles have come long way since the sixties.