Ford Says Its New 7.3-Liter V8 Can Fit In The F-150, Mustang

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let me tell you how excited I will be to drop $100k on a Gen3 with engine tech so outdated it was obsolete 20 years ago. But, it will sound cool and everyone knows impressing Starbucks baristas is the only reason to spend this much money on a truck.

Cool story. But this engine will be significantly cheaper to build than an Ecoboost.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool story. But this engine will be significantly cheaper to build than an Ecoboost.

That's great to hear. Everyone knows Raptor buyers are extremely price sensitive and would gladly give up performance if it means saving a few bucks.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
I want to see it in a Gen-3 Lightning with a big Whipple sitting on top. 445ci with a 2.9 Whipple would be a torque monster. You guys do realize that this motor was designed for the Super Duty, cab & chassis, motorhomes, etc. Easy to say it will fit an F150 when the cab is the same as the SD.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so basically that article says what I and others have been saying. In its current configuration. It makes zero sense to put this into a Raptor. The article also specially states Ford wanted an engine with much of its power available down low which lead them to a pushrod design. A sentiment I made earlier that caused a couple people to start crying.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Why? We all know there have been zero reports of 6.2 blocks ever failing in the history of truck-dom, so any deviation will not be acceptable to Jennifer's camp or Jenny’s camp, whether it’s more, less

how much bore spacing do you need to successfully navigate the starbucks drive thru?

C’mon. don’t be a snowflake. There’s good info in this thread, don’t crapify it.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I want to see it in a Gen-3 Lightning with a big Whipple sitting on top. 445ci with a 2.9 Whipple would be a torque monster. You guys do realize that this motor was designed for the Super Duty, cab & chassis, motorhomes, etc. Easy to say it will fit an F150 when the cab is the same as the SD.

... not just yes.

HELL yes.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Why? We all know there have been zero reports of 6.2 blocks ever failing in the history of truck-dom, so any deviation will not be acceptable to Jennifer's camp or Jenny’s camp, whether it’s more, less

how much bore spacing do you need to successfully navigate the starbucks drive thru?

"created a new 7.3-liter V-8. With pushrods. And the company's engineers did it for fuel economy.”

Jayzus! We can’t get these Gen1 owners to stop obsessing about EM PEE GEES ! :)

Actually some good info about sustained load and why they opted for old school.
"they're using a lot of their horsepower a lot of the time.”