Ford Says Its New 7.3-Liter V8 Can Fit In The F-150, Mustang

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Ford already has a reliable power plant in the Raptor with the Ecoboost and Ford is selling 20 of them in the time it takes you to post one troll to an FRF thread.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ah.... How about reliability? Owners will gladly take reliability over the ecoboost any day.

That's the amazing thing about the EB and why it's far and away Ford's best selling truck engine. You get power, reliability, and decent mileage. Yea!

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
C’mon. don’t be a snowflake. There’s good info in this thread, don’t crapify it.

Those posts were pure nonsense and directly contradicted not only themselves but also reality.

Don't stick up for your girls just because that's what girls do. :shrug:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so basically that article says what I and others have been saying. In its current configuration. It makes zero sense to put this into a Raptor. The article also specially states Ford wanted an engine with much of its power available down low which lead them to a pushrod design. A sentiment I made earlier that caused a couple people to start crying.

That was marketing bro, just like when they sold you a Taurus motor in your Raptor.

Here, read this: https://www.enginelabs.com/news/video-10000-rpm-dart-ls-next-pro-stock-engine/

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Gen 4 will have a high revving 400 c.i. n/a Chevy engine.