Ford Raptor Invoice Pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you guys are getting INSANE deals. We sell our raptors here in denver for over MSRP. Although, we don't get many of them and there is already a waiting list on the next ones coming in. They are really a hot truck here in colorado in general and we have had buyers from all over the states. Is it just a CA thing???

And that is why I took my Denver business to Kansas! All the dealers in Colorado were crazy. Two dealers even hung up on me when I was discussing ordering a '13 near invoice. Their loss! Just picked up my '13 at $50 over invoice and very happily drove it the 650 miles back home with one huge smile plastered across my face!

thedragonslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post so here goes. I'm dead set on getting a raptor. I live in SC and all the raptors I'm seeing are going for a couple k's over MRSP. I'm looking for a base 2013 scab and it would be nice to find one in SC because of the $300 max sales tax. Anyone know of dealers that will order for <$1000 Above invoice?

Let me know if I'm wrong about the tax issue. if I can get the truck from another state, avoid paying that state's tax, and simply pay taxes and register the truck in SC, that would work to.

Y'all have already been very helpful, thanks!!
Barton

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post so here goes. I'm dead set on getting a raptor. I live in SC and all the raptors I'm seeing are going for a couple k's over MRSP. I'm looking for a base 2013 scab and it would be nice to find one in SC because of the $300 max sales tax. Anyone know of dealers that will order for <$1000 Above invoice?

Let me know if I'm wrong about the tax issue. if I can get the truck from another state, avoid paying that state's tax, and simply pay taxes and register the truck in SC, that would work to.

Barton

Have you checked out this thread?
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f162/raptor-dealers-selling-near-invoice-18117/

The only state I'm aware of that would make you make sales tax in their state AND your state would be California. You normally can buy an auto in any state but you only pay the sales tax in your home state. Double check to be sure but that's the only state that I've ever heard do that. That's why some dealers in CA will take the vehicle to the state border and do the paperwork on the other side. Don't think we have any SC dealers on the list though but you can get some ideas from it. GL!

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A based scab with no options at invoice will run you $40,328 (includes D&D which is $995). Then you just have to add ADV ($700ish) and Fuel charge($90ish). As you can see you are way under 45K.

Please note you are responsible for sales tax in your state and any dealer doc fees.

Van Bortel Ford in Rochester NY sells all their raptors at Invoice (doc fees are only 100 at Van Bortel). PM me and I will hook you up with Steve Miller. A few guys on this forum have purchased Van Bortel.

Where's the 2013s for $45?

Sent from my iPad.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

You can buy a vehicle from any state but you are ONLY responsible for sales tax in your home state. I buy cars out of state all the time. My last purchase was a 2013 Raptor which I purchased in Rochester NY at invoice and then I drove her back to VA and paid sales tax in VA.

My advice is buy from Van Bortel in Rochester NY. My contact is steve miller. They sell all their raptors at Invoice. At invoice you will save roughly 4k when compared to MSRP. This dealership does not require a deposit. PM me and I will explain the process.

Barton

Ski Belly

Reaction score
I need some opinions on a Raptor I just found. It is a brand new Race Red SCREW with the graphics package, sunroof, bed extender and all of the std equipment. Sticker is $50K and change. So I reached out to the dealer, who is about 4 hrs away from me to find out if it is under Xplan. In reality, I really want a SCAB, but noone has them in stock and this will be my first Raptor. At this point, options and color are not as important as getting one with the 6.2. So it really doesn't have many options, but the one thing that is missing is heated seats. I would assume no rear defrost or heated mirrors. Anyway, when they called me back, they told me X Plan doesn't apply, but they would be willing to sell it for $41K (which they claim is $200 over invoice). Is it me, or does this sound like a SCREAMING deal?

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can't be new because a 2013 is $42K base and that doesn't even include destination and delivery ($995), or ADV (~ $700 or more) or fuel and certainly no options. 2012 base is only a little cheaper. Sure it's not used? Play around on truecar.com or edmunds.com and you can see invoice and msrp prices.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not possible. The items you listed below at invoice is $45,704

I need some opinions on a Raptor I just found. It is a brand new Race Red SCREW with the graphics package, sunroof, bed extender and all of the std equipment. Sticker is $50K and change. So I reached out to the dealer, who is about 4 hrs away from me to find out if it is under Xplan. In reality, I really want a SCAB, but noone has them in stock and this will be my first Raptor. At this point, options and color are not as important as getting one with the 6.2. So it really doesn't have many options, but the one thing that is missing is heated seats. I would assume no rear defrost or heated mirrors. Anyway, when they called me back, they told me X Plan doesn't apply, but they would be willing to sell it for $41K (which they claim is $200 over invoice). Is it me, or does this sound like a SCREAMING deal?