Ford Performance Tune for Gen 3s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tone228

Reaction score
The thing I find most annoying about the Ford Performance calibration for the F150 Raptor is that owners, including myself, have been waiting years for this and the Bronco and Ranger Raptors already have a tune for those models. Other than the Raptor R, it seems that Ford Performance has not prioritized what started this.

I was told by FP that a tune is coming in Q4 of this year. Been told this before.
You’ve been told Q4 this year before or they told you another deadline that has passed?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope they don't ramp up the modes such that normal = sport, Sport = baja...etc. Id rather them just make it shift better/more intelligently. A min setting of sport would be a show stopper for me. Sometimes i need the trans to be calm...lol
Tow/haul mode does that nicely on gen 2. Is gen 3 different?

RaptorLK

Reaction score
You’ve been told Q4 this year before or they told you another deadline that has passed?
I’ve been told to expect a calibration “soon” in the past. I was just told today by FP to expect it in Q4 of this year. Now that they have released the 3.0l versions, perhaps they are very close to releasing the cal for the 3.5.

RaptorLK

Reaction score
If the amount of the increased horsepower and torque are similar to the 3.0L calibration, then the 3.5L Ecoboost calibration bump should fall around 500hp and 600lb-ft torque.

Boost

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spoke with Ford Performance about the Bronco Raptor tune. It only covers 3/36k from the purchase date of the vehicle not the tune purchase date. Also ESP/extended warranties are not covered. If the tune is determined to be the cause of the failure after the 3/36k expires the extended warranty will not cover the repairs.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke with Ford Performance about the Bronco Raptor tune. It only covers 3/36k from the purchase date of the vehicle not the tune purchase date. Also ESP/extended warranties are not covered. If the tune is determined to be the cause of the failure after the 3/36k expires the extended warranty will not cover the repairs.
Big problem here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smackaby