Ford Performance Tune for Gen 3s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been seeing online that the 5 year 60K powertrain would possibly revert to a 3 year 36K warranty. Also you'd need to have it installed at a dealer to even get that. Information or speculation of information has been a little nebulous on the fine print of the tune with warranty coverage.

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been seeing online that the 5 year 60K powertrain would possibly revert to a 3 year 36K warranty. Also you'd need to have it installed at a dealer to even get that. Information or speculation of information has been a little nebulous on the fine print of the tune with warranty coverage.
What is there to "install", doesn't this thing just plug into the OBD2 port in the truck?

OP
OP
tm965

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is there to "install", doesn't this thing just plug into the OBD2 port in the truck?
it may be plug it into the PCM in the engine bay, download existing code, then uploading the new code with the tune. obd2 would be super easy

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it may be plug it into the PCM in the engine bay, download existing code, then uploading the new code with the tune. obd2 would be super easy
I just looked at the instructions, it plugs into the OBD2 port for the vehicle

Rocks2Sand

Reaction score
So after a bit of research on other Ford Performance platforms (Ranger, Bronco, Mustang). The tune comes with its own 3/36 warranty that starts at your vehicles original in service date. Any issues caused by the tune would not be covered by your 5/60 powertrain or any Ford ESP plan. This was verified by a couple users with turbo failures outside of the 3/36. It will likely be identical for the F-150 as its aligned across all other platforms.

Secondly, in competing with the RHO's #'s, the difference in weight is a large advantage for the F-150, we wont need nearly as much added power to compete. Unfortunately this logic doesn't sell cars or tunes. But it is realistic in real world applications.

Daneger

Reaction score
I just want something on my 24, Cobb/GT or FP. I can’t imagine the frustration of 23 owners having to wait even longer than us 24 guys.

If you bought the extended warranty, would that supersede the FP 36/3yr one? Edit: ^ answered my question at the same time!

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-30 121902.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-30 121902.png
    202.1 KB · Views: 81