Ford Performance Tune for Gen 3s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

localbrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the disclaimer I'm really not stupid I promise, is there a Ford Performance tune of us Gen2 owners that wouldn't void the warranty by Ford Performance?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the disclaimer I'm really not stupid I promise, is there a Ford Performance tune of us Gen2 owners that wouldn't void the warranty by Ford Performance?
Given that Ford already had to detune the 3.5 to reduce low end torque and "protect" those crappy cheap worthless garbage rear leaf springs, I doubt it.

kirkb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id just take the tune off before going for a state inspection.
Only good thing is that we dont really have state inspections - just Smog checks - and since this comes with a programmer, it would seem easy enough to revert prior to smog check or dealer service. I do think it would impact Smog checks, but I doubt the dealer would deny warranty due to the programmer since it is sold by Ford in every other state. Guess I will be picking one up on my next Utah trip :)