Ford Performance Tune for Gen 3s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

localbrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess would be some dealers in CA "COULD" try to not honor a potential warranty claim though, I'm sure the legal looks at some of these loop holes, but it's likely dealer specific. You could always then take it to a dealer in AZ if they try to pull that card.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford and Fox have partnered together to release both the Gen 3 tune and Gen 3 FRS at the same time. You heard it here first…hahahahaha

In all seriousness - this might be how Ford competes with the RHO’s release and their HP numbers

CDub

Reaction score
I remember seeing this when the GEN3 came out. so it will be interesting to see what the actual HP bump is instead of just smoke and mirrors for 800-1k bucks. Im glad Goosetuned did this so now we have a baseline on what stock GEN3 HP is.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness - this might be how Ford competes with the RHO’s release and their HP numbers
That’s what I was thinking…. Get within 30-40 hp of the RHO and be up 70-80ftlbs of torque. Offer it as a factory aftermarket for gen 3 to cover off on those thinking about the rho hp gap and for gen 4 make a version of this tune the standard calibration for the 3.5.

For ~$800-900 bucks and factory warranty support I am in.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking…. Get within 30-40 hp of the RHO and be up 70-80ftlbs of torque. Offer it as a factory aftermarket for gen 3 to cover off on those thinking about the rho hp gap and for gen 4 make a version of this tune the standard calibration for the 3.5.

For ~$800-900 bucks and factory warranty support I am in.
i think you just hit the mail on the head! Good thinking

tone228

Reaction score
I have been hoping for Cobb to crack the ECU but I’ve seen some tests with the FP tunes on the 4 Cyl and 2.7 Bronco and they made decent improvements on the acceleration times despite the horsepower numbers not being huge gains.
Plus you don’t have to worry about warranty BS from the stealership.
I won’t guess what the numbers will be if Ford Performance ever actually releases this, but they will walk a fine line and not encroach on the Raptor R numbers. I think it’s pretty silly that you can buy a Ranger Raptor for $20k less, weighs 400lbs less and has the same HP and Tq as the F150 Rap. I have a feeling we won’t be seeing anything until RHO deliveries start happening.

localbrew

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they do release it for the Gen3 I can only hope that maybe the Gen2 will be next in line...:confused:

tone228

Reaction score
If they do release it for the Gen3 I can only hope that maybe the Gen2 will be next in line...:confused:
you never know, but it will have to be a separate tune considering the compression ratio and turbos are different from Gen 2 - Gen 3. Not sure how much Ford is willing to invest in something that won’t help them sell new trucks.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d bet Ford has had this tune in their back pocket for some time. Waiting to play their cards until Ram revealed their RHO numbers.

The 3.5 is clearly capable of handling much more power, Ford knows this.