Ford Performance Tune for Gen 3s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they will make the tune OE for the 2025+ to get the stock numbers close to the RHO. I never thought I would applaud RAM but Im glad they have given Ford legit competition. We would never have the Raptor R or this tune without them.

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they will make the tune OE for the 2025+ to get the stock numbers close to the RHO. I never thought I would applaud RAM but Im glad they have given Ford legit competition. We would never have the Raptor R or this tune without them.
They already put out the numbers for the 2025 Raptor, so maybe 2026 at the earliest if they plan on going that route. Competition is good for the consumers, I can't wait to see how Ford answers

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been seeing online that the 5 year 60K powertrain would possibly revert to a 3 year 36K warranty. Also you'd need to have it installed at a dealer to even get that. Information or speculation of information has been a little nebulous on the fine print of the tune with warranty coverage.
I think that is definitely a possible outcome I’m sure the answer is in the terms and conditions, I doubt it is super punitive considering ford is doing outright marketing to a broad swath of consumers vs keeping it quiet to be found only by hard core enthusiasts.

Of course even a drop to 3/36 compares favorably to 0/0 for an aftermarket tune. Not saying there isn’t merit in aftermarket tunes, but warranty support is not one of them.

Anyone want to get into predictions?
515hp/595lbft
Throttle/ trans mapping:
Comfort mode > sport mode
Sport mode > almost baja
Baja > extreme version of baja

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope they don't ramp up the modes such that normal = sport, Sport = baja...etc. Id rather them just make it shift better/more intelligently. A min setting of sport would be a show stopper for me. Sometimes i need the trans to be calm...lol

Rocks2Sand

Reaction score
I hope they don't ramp up the modes such that normal = sport, Sport = baja...etc. Id rather them just make it shift better/more intelligently. A min setting of sport would be a show stopper for me. Sometimes i need the trans to be calm...lol
Agree, I primarily drive in normal mode, too much traffic in SoCal to be in a hurry, I go fast off road, not so much on road.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so cute, you think a company is going to give you something they could make you pay extra for? lol

leadfoot310

Reaction score
I imagine it will remain a paid upgrade in the future especially since the tune is not CA / 50 state compliant.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im a little surprised that its not CA legal. I mean its not like its an extreme tune, you're still running cats, pump gas. Is it purely not legal because its not an OEM tune as it came from the factory? I know nothing about the mayhem of passing smog in California.

RaptorLK

Reaction score
The thing I find most annoying about the Ford Performance calibration for the F150 Raptor is that owners, including myself, have been waiting years for this and the Bronco and Ranger Raptors already have a tune for those models. Other than the Raptor R, it seems that Ford Performance has not prioritized what started this.

I was told by FP that a tune is coming in Q4 of this year. Been told this before.