Ford Performance rear diff cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roger7254

Reaction score
Got mine in today-- will be installing as soon as I float a loan for all the fluid for the front and rear ! LOL
I like the make and look of the Ford Performance cover--- to each his own !!!
I changed mind a month ago to FP one, it took 3.5 quarts of Amsoil, i used Lube locker. They say to use the original bolts. Not the one that comes with the Diff cover. I decided to upgrade the bolts with this: ARP Differential Cover Bolt 437-3002; 12pt Stainless for GM 8.875 in. 12-Bolt. Solid bolts!!! Highly recomend the bolts.

Attachments

• 20240528_162318.jpg
    20240528_162318.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 18

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I changed mind a month ago to FP one, it took 3.5 quarts of Amsoil, i used Lube locker. They say to use the original bolts. Not the one that comes with the Diff cover. I decided to upgrade the bolts with this: ARP Differential Cover Bolt 437-3002; 12pt Stainless for GM 8.875 in. 12-Bolt. Solid bolts!!! Highly recomend the bolts.
The FP one is supposed to come with new gasket and new bolts? My 2 did.

roger7254

Reaction score
The FP one is supposed to come with new gasket and new bolts? My 2 did.
yes it does. but from what i hear from others who used the gasket and bolts. they highly recomend not using it. the gasket that comes with the Diff Cover is paper thin, and people were having problems breaking the bolts. they were recomending to use the original one.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes it does. but from what i hear from others who used the gasket and bolts. they highly recomend not using it. the gasket that comes with the Diff Cover is paper thin, and people were having problems breaking the bolts. they were recomending to use the original one.
What gasket you use? Curious.