Ford Performance rear diff cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roger7254

Reaction score
I couldn't do 20-25 Ft/lbs - the bolts were obviously preparing to strip at my setting of 20 ft/lbs.
I did use blue locktite, and after 3 weeks there is no seeping or oil obvious on the bottom of the pumpkin - but time will only tell.
I did leave my spare tire off after the diff service - it did appear that the tire (OEM size) was obviously rubbin g against the Ford Performance diff cover.
i have 37PP and no rubbing at all

Attachments

• 20240528_162318.jpg
    20240528_162318.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 6

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lube Locker is the way to go (easy), but some have said that it's part of the problem.
I ran the paper gasket and OEM bolts on my 2020 for 30k miles with no leaks. Got Lubelocker and ARB bolts for the 2024 and gonna be pissed if it leaks. Agree with @91Eunos about cleaning the surfaces.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you tell me more about "RIGHTSTUFF"?
Never heard of it before, I see it's available at Autozone.
You let it set-up overnight?
It's a Permatex product. There are stronger RTVs, but I like it for diff covers.

The greys would be the next step up if you wanted something stronger. They are harder to clean off though. So if you plan to pull it again, you might not want grey RTV. If you plan to install something like the Ford cover with a drain and don't plan to pull the cover again, maybe the stronger grey stuff would work.

I always let any RTV setup for as long as reasonably possible before putting water or oil back in. I also put a thin coating on both sides of a gasket, if I have a gasket. Just rub it in enough to saturate it.

I also use pipe dope, teflon tape, then more pipe dope on top of the tape on any threaded fittings in my house and pool.

I don't have leaks.

Last edited: