Ford Performance rear diff cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So on my first 2 covers (2017 and 2020), I used the gasket and bolts that came with the cover....no problems. However, I decided to try the Lubelocker gasket after taking a look at how it was made. Looks way better than the one that came with the cover. Also got the ARP Differential Cover Bolt in SS. On the 2017 I just slapped it on and the FP label looked that crap after couple of years. For the one on the 2020, I coated it and it held up better. Posted this pic somewhere and it is 4+ years old in this pic.

View attachment 461435

So while waiting for decent weather to install the one on the 2024, I mixed up some clear expoxy and sealed the label. First I leveled it all up. Came out pretty good so will see how this does after a few years. And yes I have too much time on my hands.

View attachment 461436

View attachment 461437
Fantastic idea! I just hit my cover with an aggressive wax based undercoat each year . Its ductile iron and will rust like a mf’r if the finish is penetrated.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That came out great! Any particular recommendation on epoxy resin to use?
Not a resin expert. Used something I got from Amazon for cheap. It said it would get rid of bubbles without any heat.....did pretty good but had to hit it quickly with a torch. But if don't have a torch, the minor bubbles would not have mattered under the truck.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fantastic idea! I just hit my cover with an aggressive wax based undercoat each year . Its ductile iron and will rust like a mf’r if the finish is penetrated.
I use Amsoil MPHD under the truck, but for some reason never thought to hit the cover....good idea.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My cover looked like shiiiiit after a few years in the salt belt. The coating started bubbling and peeling.

IMG_5931.jpeg

I painted it Ford blue

IMG_5965.jpeg

I’m gonna change the bolts to ARP.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought the Spicer version, and just jumped to the inevitable end state by simply removing the stick-on label entirely! LoL

View attachment 461536
I would have done the same if I had known that the FP one changed from rivets to just a stick on. Oh well....I will do that 5 years from now on my next Raptor.