Fiberglass fenders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Is there a general consensus on what fiberglass fenders have the best fitment? I've seen some that look terrible in my opinion. I want as close to factory lines as possible. What are you running, hows the fitment and what did it cost for install and paint? I'm figuring it will be close to 4k?
Thanks

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d say ADV is probably the closest looking to oem.

It’s what I went with. My installer said they weren’t a terrible fit.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d say ADV is probably the closest looking to oem.

It’s what I went with. My installer said they weren’t a terrible fit.

mattl600, did you replace the front and rear, or just the front? What did that run you all-in? The fenders themselves aren't that big of an expense from what I've seen, but curious as to the labor and finishing.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have ADV. No complaints! But I have heard that SDHQ glass fenders are closest to OEM.

Attachments

• 20211001_121235.jpg
    20211001_121235.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 20201012_134542.jpg
    20201012_134542.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 96

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have any opinions on fiberglass vs carbon fiber?
Fiberwerx makes their 2.5" bulge, 1" rise in carbon fiber for $1100(work w OEM liner) vs. the ADV fiberglass(2" bulge/2" rise) fenders that are the same price.
I'd imagine carbon fiber is less prone to cracking and spider-web in paint after years of off road vibration...... Lifespan of the 2?

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there a general consensus on what fiberglass fenders have the best fitment? I've seen some that look terrible in my opinion. I want as close to factory lines as possible. What are you running, hows the fitment and what did it cost for install and paint? I'm figuring it will be close to 4k?
Thanks
In my opinion you are sorta asking 2 questions.

How they fit is a combination of how good are the fenders and how hard you work to make them fit good.

Then there is how close to factory they look and match.

I will say after installing them (fenders and bedsides) I have a different eye for how fenders/bedsides look/fit.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have any opinions on fiberglass vs carbon fiber?
Fiberwerx makes their 2.5" bulge, 1" rise in carbon fiber for $1100(work w OEM liner) vs. the ADV fiberglass(2" bulge/2" rise) fenders that are the same price.
I'd imagine carbon fiber is less prone to cracking and spider-web in paint after years of off road vibration...... Lifespan of the 2?
Well, there's a 2 part answer. First part is what are you going to do with your truck? Pavement princess (nothing wrong with that), or off road warrior? I'm a little of both, but I can tell you my entire front end got chewed up in Baja, and needed to be repaired and repainted. Fiberglass is easier, and cheaper to work on than carbon fiber. Carbon fiber usually doesn't chip, it breaks, so you might be replacing an entire fender. Talk to a good body shop, ask them, and go from there would be my advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bribeatris