Extended Warranty - Yes or No??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My '10 has been out of factory base 3/36k for over 6 months now all of my issues have been repaired under the extended warranty.

Kenneth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My issues weren't in the first year. I bought it pre-owned. The repairs were done in my first year of ownership under the extended warrantee.

dillonboyd

Reaction score
I have a 2011 as well, I hate to tell you this, but you got screwed. I paid $1500 for the same coverage. I know the price goes up once the original warranty has expired but $3k is just silly. You would be better off putting that money in a savings account and using that for repairs.

So you now have a $3100 steering wheel.:crazy:

Btw, I've used mine twice (rear window / tie rods). It was well worth the money.

Just so you know I'm not full of shit...

Huh, I didn't really shop around on it or anything. I may have gotten screwed! I know mines til 126k miles or something like that. I don't have the papers with me cause I'm out on the road but I'll definitely take a look when I'm home.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$3000 sounds like msrp. Those things can be had for up to half with higher deductibles, no rental car coverage, and if you buy online.

I paid $1750 for mine. It was 9yrs (because it was CPO, same price as 7yr), 125K miles and $100 deductible. My bumper to bumper was extended to 4yr/48K miles, so I'm paying for the difference. At $1750 it was at the upper limit of what I thought was a good buy. At $3000 I would have passed. But everyone is different.

Going to $50 deductible added like $300 to the price. So it would take seven trips to the dealer to make up that difference.

If I'm lucky, I won't need it once. I'd rather be covered and not need it. There is no coverage for the hassle.

Last edited:

pacer316

Reaction score
I purchased a 2010 Scab with 62k.. would I be able to purchase an ESP or is it only an option to extend off of the original factory warranty within a certain period? Bought it out of factory warranty, tried to sell me their MPP warranty that "Covered everything" but was too skeptical.

Ford ESP: Ford Extended Service Plans at highly discounted prices. Lowest Price Guarantee!

Did some reading on some older posts and was a little unsure if this would be an option for me, to purchase the warranty out of state as it seems there are some good deals.

EdgeR6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking for opinnions on extended warranty

My Truck 2013 has just crossed 30k miles. I have 6k miles and about a year until the factory warranty is up. I'm considering purchasing the esp. I have not had one single problem with this truck. I have used the 4wd here and there in the snow and pulling some stumps and everything worked great. One Trip about half way up shoe creek no problems. I'm not really concerned with the engine, but more so suspension and front end drive components.
I'm some what mechanically inclined and have a better then average tool collection. I have some time but just not sure which way to go.

I haven't have a DD that what out of warranty since 2008 just kept buying new vehicles.

Thanks for your input.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not really concerned with the engine, but more so suspension and front end drive components.

Then you might be disappointed with a ESP.

Check out what it covers, and what it doesn't.

I got one, but I was more concerned about the electronics.

And I got a great deal online. $1700 for 8 years/125K miles with $50 deductible.

This all boils down to YOUR tolerance for risk and ability to pay for repairs.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got ESP. Paid for itself. Love the rental car option. If you plan on keeping the truck, as I did, it was a no-brainer for me....but not cheap. Also, I have a great dealer to work with which may also make the difference. My local dealership is NO BS. If something is broke, or about to, they've fixed it with no drama. I'm not sure what the Torsen or IWE's cost, but they could easily set you back the cost of the ESP.

dhollist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then you might be disappointed with a ESP.

Check out what it covers, and what it doesn't.

I got one, but I was more concerned about the electronics.

And I got a great deal online. $1700 for 8 years/125K miles with $50 deductible.

This all boils down to YOUR tolerance for risk and ability to pay for repairs.

Care to say where you got the deal on ESP? I need to add it to my truck soon.

All the best,
Dave