Extended Warranty - Yes or No??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptune

Reaction score
Seems like it is personal flavor. from those that prefer the insurance of a warranty, Is there a preferred extended warranty over the Ford CPO program. I'm looking at 2011 SCREWs and every dealer tells me that the CPO warranty is extra $$$ and that they can give me a deal on an independent 3rd party. We used to have Gieco Mechanical Repair coverage on my Wifes e500 which was cheap but they wouldn't pay full fair on MB parts and the MB dealer won't install non-MB parts... got caught in that jam more than one time. Any advice from the experienced would be hugely helpful to this Raptor Newbie. Thnx

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like it is personal flavor. from those that prefer the insurance of a warranty, Is there a preferred extended warranty over the Ford CPO program. I'm looking at 2011 SCREWs and every dealer tells me that the CPO warranty is extra $$$ and that they can give me a deal on an independent 3rd party. We used to have Gieco Mechanical Repair coverage on my Wifes e500 which was cheap but they wouldn't pay full fair on MB parts and the MB dealer won't install non-MB parts... got caught in that jam more than one time. Any advice from the experienced would be hugely helpful to this Raptor Newbie. Thnx

I can't speak to the Geico coverage, but I have nothing but GOOD to say about the Ford Premium Care thing, and we usually turn our nose up at aftermarket warranties. No fights, no arguments, the dealer finds shit, they fix shit, parts don't come, we go get rental car, easy peasy. I think at least part of this is a function of having a good dealer who is proactive...but then again, they get $$'s for warranty work....and pretty well paid too I am sure.

Still some parts it doesn't cover... like those sweet, but pricy Fox Shocks.

This is what we signed up for:

http://owner.ford.com/Storage/mfMmediaFile/142/241/2014 PremiumCARE Brochure.pdf

Through:

www.flmowner.com

No endorsement implied, just info...

Last edited:

Rapford75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it and my dealer has been very good so far, although I haven't needed it yet. I went to get my last free oil change at 32k miles. The service manager pulled me aside and told me they set the oil life at 50% so it would remind me to come before the original warranty runs out. He said no need for the oil change then, just a good run down of the truck to make sure it doesn't have any issues before the factory warranty expires. He did say there are several things the extended warranty will not cover that they can fix if needed on the factory warranty. Hell, i wouldn't have thought about taking it in until it was to damn late. Pretty cool gesture I thought.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My dealer offers the Ford extended warranty but they also offer an aftermarket warranty (insurance company). Your choice, as they don't really care which one you choose. After investigating everything that is covered on the after market warranty and what triggers a claim I went with the aftermarket warranty as it was by far a much better deal. The dealer offers this as an option and because they find the aftermarket is much more reasonable in their willingness to fix issues. In discussing with the service manager he felt the aftermarket warranty was overall a much better option as well and he has found they never seem to quibble over aftermaket parts like Ford. They also cover all suspension parts (like the Fox shocks) where as Ford drops off suspension parts on the Raptor very quickly in their plans.

Last edited:

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Which aftermarket company is it? I was offered an aftermarket one as well.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer offers the Ford extended warranty but they also offer an aftermarket warranty (insurance company). Your choice, as they don't really care which one you choose. After investigating everything that is covered on the after market warranty and what triggers a claim I went with the aftermarket warranty as it was by far a much better deal. The dealer offers this as an option and because they find the aftermarket is much more reasonable in their willingness to fix issues. In discussing with the service manager he felt the aftermarket warranty was overall a much better option as well and he has found they never seem to quibble over aftermaket parts like Ford. They also cover all suspension parts (like the Fox shocks) where as Ford drops off suspension parts on the Raptor very quickly in their plans.

do you mean factory or upgraded suspension parts?

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have $50 a pay automatically pulled from your checking into a savings account. You won't miss it. When your factory warranty expires in 3 years you'll have about $4000 in that fund (not counting small amount of interest you'll earn). Pay yourself not the man.

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you don't stop there. Keep that automated savings going and you'll always have a fund for things that come up. Not just for your rig. Appliances going out or whatever. Also, if you can wrench you're just buying parts. Labor is free. If you can't find a good independent mechanic, exhaust shop, 4x4 shop, etc. Much cheaper than Ford's labor and likely more qualified.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk