Extended Warranty - Yes or No??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yokota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the bumper-to-bumper warranty extended from 3 years to 7 years (mechanical breakdowns, pays 100% parts and labor, nationwide coverage, transferable to future owners) for $2450. If I don't use it (after the first 3 years are up/covered by Ford till then) then I get all but $50 back. Also came with a $20 year/200,000 mile power train warranty good nationwide by, I believe, Liberty Mutual or Fidelity. Plan to keep it for a long time, so what the hell.

maniwpu

Reaction score
I wanted to ask, dont insurance company's offer something similar for like 100 a year, or something like that where it covers mechanical breakdown etc...?

tjj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This topic comes up so so much maybe there should be a sticky. If you search you will find numerous threads on this.

I did not buy one, and people seem to get their ******* in a bunch when I post information that shows it's a waste of money. Too many are brainwashed into the "peace of mind" BS every dealer peddles. This is where they make money!

If you plan on mods then it shouldn't even be a consideration IMO. I'm running out of OEM parts..

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This topic comes up so so much maybe there should be a sticky. If you search you will find numerous threads on this.

I did not buy one, and people seem to get their ******* in a bunch when I post information that shows it's a waste of money. Too many are brainwashed into the "peace of mind" BS every dealer peddles. This is where they make money!

If you plan on mods then it shouldn't even be a consideration IMO. I'm running out of OEM parts..

$1400 for 7 years and 100k miles isn't that bad. Replacing suspension on these trucks is going to cost at least $1400 from RPG or Outlaw (and probably more if you got the stock suspension from Ford) and that doesn't include labor. If you don't have the mechanical ability or, more importantly, time to repair your truck, the extended factory warranty isn't a bad option.

Like you said, it depends on how much you modify the vehicle also. If it's heavily modded, probably not a good idea. Lightly modded (mid perch, wheels, tires, lights, etc...) it's something to consider. If the MFT or SYNC goes out and you want to retain stock look and ability you would pay out the nose to get it replaced from Ford.

If I were buying a Toyota Avalon, there is no way a dealer could get me to get the extended warranty. With a Raptor, I'll shop around on the internet and find a good deal for a 6 or 7 year 100k warranty which is going to cover everything if and when I need it to.

Reaction score
There are numerous factors that should be considered before considering extending your warranty.

First off, you don't have to get the extended warranty when you purchase the truck. You can do it even after the original warranty expires, or anytime before it expires.

Secondly, if you plan on keeping your Raptor in the short term...don't buy the extended warranty. If you plan on keeping the truck forever and leaving it stock-ish, buy the warranty for the piece of mind. I have an extended warranty (Premium Care ESP $0 det) and I had it for 10 years from the original start date. It paid itself off in my experiance and I would do it again.

Ford's most comprehensive ESP is the Premium Care. Get it, its worth the extra.