Extended Warranty - Yes or No??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BearClaw

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know the question was asked and in reading this post I think the dealers are doing different deals on mileage and cost. I paid $1200 for premium extended warranty for 7 years but I swear it was no where near the mileage MI girl got. I believe it was under 100K.:hmm

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warranty ESP- $2k?

Hey guys,

I am considering an ESP warrenty, since I have a 2011 purchased almost 2 years ago and have 27,500 miles on it already.

So far, the warrenty has fixed my rear axle, which saved me $3k in parts and labor.

I suspect I will need shocks at some point, along with a list of things I still have to take the truck in for:
  • Steering volume up changes track repeatedly.
  • Seat warmers don't work
  • Passenger seat rattles and wiggles on freeway bumps
  • AC Filter needs replacing

The ford website says to get coverage till 2017 or 100k miles with first day rental car its $2,470 for PremiumCARE. With a $0 deductable and pay in full its $2,925. Thats a crapton for a warrenty.

If I just want my electronics, drive line, mirrors/door locks, engine, rear end, radio/audio system and whatever else breaks covered, do I need premiumCARE? or can I downgrade?

I dont run the stock wheels, I have top perch, and a volant intake/hennessey tune. Typically for a driveline issue I put the old wheels back on, detune, and sometimes even replace the intake. I dont want these stock items covered, but I dont want ford blaming them for any issues I run into. (basically, I dont need wheel coverage/air filter coverage is what I am saying- unless its included in cost).

Can someone point me in the right direction for what I need (besides driving lessons)? thanks

Eric

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really, 3k thats about what you would lose in a sale of this one and a purchase of a new one!

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am considering an ESP warrenty, since I have a 2011 purchased almost 2 years ago and have 27,500 miles on it already.

So far, the warrenty has fixed my rear axle, which saved me $3k in parts and labor.

I suspect I will need shocks at some point, along with a list of things I still have to take the truck in for:
  • Steering volume up changes track repeatedly.
  • Seat warmers don't work
  • Passenger seat rattles and wiggles on freeway bumps
  • AC Filter needs replacing

The ford website says to get coverage till 2017 or 100k miles with first day rental car its $2,470 for PremiumCARE. With a $0 deductable and pay in full its $2,925. Thats a crapton for a warrenty.

If I just want my electronics, drive line, mirrors/door locks, engine, rear end, radio/audio system and whatever else breaks covered, do I need premiumCARE? or can I downgrade?

I dont run the stock wheels, I have top perch, and a volant intake/hennessey tune. Typically for a driveline issue I put the old wheels back on, detune, and sometimes even replace the intake. I dont want these stock items covered, but I dont want ford blaming them for any issues I run into. (basically, I dont need wheel coverage/air filter coverage is what I am saying- unless its included in cost).

Can someone point me in the right direction for what I need (besides driving lessons)? thanks

Eric

The factory covers it for 3/36 so I don't know how the aftermarket warranty would have covered anything... These are Ford bonus packages, the guy who built the vehicle is betting it will not break for the extended warranty period... If you buy the warranty, your betting it will break... Who is most likely correct in these two scenarios...?
But if you want to buy the warranty check Lombardo Ford... The warranty can be purchased at any dealer and is good at every dealer... Filters are not typically covered in a warranty...

Last edited:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Not only what Ice said but the extended does not cover everything. I know shocks are not covered and I'm pretty sure I've had to pay for a tyranny or two on work vehicles. We buy used trucks and vans with the 100,000 mile warranty because they are thrown in with certified used vehicles. I don't think we have ever used it. It's always something that isn't covered.