Extended Warranty - Yes or No??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
besides regular maintenance items.Components and Repairs Not covered By Premiun Care:
Buttons, carpet, dash pad, door and window handles, knobs; rearview mirror (glass, housing); trim, upholstery,CNG/LPG components,tires,water leaks,wind noise,weatherstrips,fabrics,liners,zippers and fasteners.

under premiumcare everthing else is covered.

Last edited:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So unless we get a heck of a deal on the ESP do not purchase the plan. I looked into one as well. There is a wide gambit of pricing on these plans from dealer to dealer and Internet sites.

Yeah take the $3k and stick in a rainy day fund and move on.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I decided against it as well when I was purchasing mine. For what it said it covered it really wasn't worth it IMO.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I purchased it, only because I got it for $1500. They wanted $1900 for a 3rd party 90k mile warranty and I just laughed at him. When I told him that I could get the Ford ESP for $1500. He told me that there was no way I could get it for that price. Then, just before they handed me the keys, the finance guy came out and said that he would sell me the Ford plan for $1500. ymmv.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
basically its like an insurance policy, if you buy it and never need it, you still had the piece of mind. when you do need it, your damn glad you did.

also, because your comming in looking for extended warranty after almost 2 years and close to 30k miles, its gonna be higher than had you bought it new.

i got warrenty and maint plan with 0 deductable (from Randy, look to the vendors to the right), cuz with all the electronic things on these trucks today, it doesnt take much to fry some things and have a huge repair bill. hell i know a couple people here have been in a few times for heated seat issues, in a few miles youll be fitting the bill on them, not Ford.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
For what its worth, I paid $1200 for mine before I had 12,000 miles on it. That being said, same place said $1300 before original warranty runs out. I got mine through Randy's place.

I had a 2004 FX4. Put 92,000 miles on it in 7 years. Replaced 3 rear ends under OEM warranty. Had A/C issues under OEM warranty. Repaired cab leak around back window under OEM warranty. After the 3/36 I replaced 4 window regulators, the pos that rolls the window up and down. Three times at dealer for $375-$400 each time. The last time I had the body shop across the street from work do it for $200. When I sold the FX4 for the Raptor there were several small issues wrong with it but nothing that HAD to be fixed. Prolly $1000 worth of this and that's.

So on my past history with Ford trucks I went for the 100,000 6 year warranty because I spent that money in just window regulators in the FX4.

The sun roof took a shit in April or May, $1800 plus. I have read where many here have had this repaired. BANG! Worth it now? I also had a front drive axle and drive hub replaced a few weeks ago. BANG! Worth it yet? Had the A/C go completely out two months back. Dealer replaced a hose, O-rings and dryer. BANG! Worth it yet? I have had the drive shaft replaced under recall. IFFY BANG! HAHaaaaa. Had Seat heater replaced, back window because the defrost element shit, BANG! Worth it yet?

I do not beat on my truck nearly as hard as most of you do off road, on the street though I do. HAHaaaa.

So just in NEED TO FIX items that the Raptor has required in my 2.5 years of ownership, I say I will get my $1200 worth.

Oh and when you have that premium warranty, while under the OEM warranty the rent car is thrown in for free. I have used this four times for a total of 12 days rentals.

FIGGER IT UP. For $1200 sure, for $3000 not sure. Call Randy.......

BDRAG

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BANG...you crack me up...great info...contacting Randy...

Thanks,

fred

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you want a Ford ESP warranty I'd go with Lombard Ford. They sell them online for a better price than I've seen anywhere. You might be able to get it better at a dealer by arguing/negotiating with them but it may not be worth the trouble.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
If you want a Ford ESP warranty I'd go with Lombard Ford. They sell them online for a better price than I've seen anywhere. You might be able to get it better at a dealer by arguing/negotiating with them but it may not be worth the trouble.

I called Randy, He gave me the number to his dealer and I did all the transaction over the phone in 5 minutes. No negotiation. BANG! BANG BANG! Great deal. Put it on my WIFES credit card. BANG! HAhaaaaa.

BDRAG