Extended Warranty - Yes or No??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For me they are a waste of money because of the modifications that I make. For some people it adds peace of mind. Would rather take care of it and with perfect maintenance and take my chances. Also have to consider how long you will own the truck---I keep vehicles 3 or so years before the miles get to be an issue 75k and get rid of them.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You don't have to buy the Extended Warranty right after the purchase. You can purchase it at any time before the original warranty expires. It is in fact negotiable.

I have a dealer that I bought my ESP from and it was the lowest priced in the USA. And I looked, trust me. Called over 40 dealers and none could touch this dealer. The warranty was $1500 cheaper then what I was quoted here in Toronto, ON. Give them a call and compare quotes to other dealers. I think you'll be surprised.

TIPTON FORD, INC.
965 East Jefferson, Tipton, IN 46072
Call Us Now: (888) 863-4308

Before the warranty expires, do you mean the 3 year warranty or the 5 year warranty? I'm past my 3 year in mileage and have been thinking of getting an ext warranty too.

Reaction score
Before the warranty expires, do you mean the 3 year warranty or the 5 year warranty? I'm past my 3 year in mileage and have been thinking of getting an ext warranty too.

You can still get a warranty after your original expires. However you may have to pay $100 for an inspection and if everything is fine Ford can give you a warranty.

I am not 100% sure, but I think it is the 3 year one. 3 years from the warranty start date. Your OASIS report should show when your warranty expires. Call up your selling dealer and ask them.

One more thing, DO NOT BUY THE WARRANTY IN CANADA. Buy it in the USA. You will have ZERO issues with it here, and save well over $1000.

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warranty

So after a long wait almost 6 months.. my Raptor is going to be here next week.. Im thinking I should get the extended warranty.. but down the road I would like to add a Roush charger..(really want whipple.. but warranty..)

My question is if I get the roush installed after I get my truck with a 8 year extened warranty.. would the warranty still be effective? or lets say I get the truck and add the extened warranty later and then the Roush..

need some clear advice...thanx guys!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So after a long wait almost 6 months.. my Raptor is going to be here next week.. Im thinking I should get the extended warranty.. but down the road I would like to add a Roush charger..(really want whipple.. but warranty..)

My question is if I get the roush installed after I get my truck with a 8 year extened warranty.. would the warranty still be effective? or lets say I get the truck and add the extened warranty later and then the Roush..

need some clear advice...thanx guys!

Call Roush and ask...

Yukon Joe
Delta Force
Snoball500 Support Raptor

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd give them a call about the specifics. I do know they were only offering a warranty with the 525HP model. The question is whether or not that Roush warranty replaces all of the other warranties. My guess would be yes but I am not certain.

Boscob

Reaction score
Extended Warranty

Did anyone else get the extended warranty. I did and not sure if it was a good idea. Any feed back on this would be appreciated.:Rock on: