EcoBoost Raptor coming in 2013?? Take a look...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford reengineered a FGT 5.4L block because of the new 5.0L and the main complain from most GT500 owners is the nose is way to heavy. So they added some ribbing and came out with the spray bored technology and for 2013 because of the spray bored they punched it out to a 5.8L. In 2014 when the next generation Mustang comes out the 5.8L will be nothing but a memory even the FR500CJs have gone to 5.0s. Mod Motors are 20 years old and they are done.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Thanks for another valueable added post Madcowranch. Please continue to just post up between every other response in this thread with how much you don't like the topic, yet you keep clicking on it to read it, and clicking to respond in it. And rather that contribute to the topic with what you think the 2013 test mule in the spy shots may have in it, just keep adding zero value to the thread :peace: Thanks bud, what would this forum do without you! :Grenade:

Keep talking Reptar.:waytogo:

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford reengineered a FGT 5.4L block because of the new 5.0L and the main complain from most GT500 owners is the nose is way to heavy. so they added some ribbing and came out with the spray bored technology and for 2013 because of the spray bored they punched it out to a 5.8L.
2011 and 2012 GT500's were all aluminum blocks as well with the same sleeve technology, so going to 5.8 didn't really have anything to do with trying to make the car less nose heavy.

In 2014 when the next generation Mustang comes out the 5.8L will be nothing but a memory even the FR500CJs have gone to 5.0s.

I did find it interesting that the 2013 CJ's did go with smaller displacement to 5.0's yet the 2013 GT500's went with larger displacement to 5.8's. But on the same token, Ford is well aware of what the 5.0 can do, and the CJ is a highly modified, well tuned out, drag car, and they may have needed more time for the R&D and refinement of the combo to get it into the CJ in time. So for 2013 they are using the 5.0, who knows what 2014 would hold. That could just as easily be a 5.8 after they've had more time to really see what it can do. Those are cars that they definitely don't just engineer then toss out there. They see a considerable amount of track time and testing before they're released for very-limited production. And with the 5.8 and 2013 Shelby just getting ironed out, the timeline may not have lined up to get a 5.8 into the CJ.

We'll have to wait and see but I disagree that the 5.8 will just disappear in a year or two. Again it's not just a 5.4 that they punch out. Yes it's based on that architecture, but it still takes a large investment to reset up the manufacturing and everything else to make it that from the start. Ford isn't dropping off several thousand 5.4's to a machine shop and saying build this up to a 5.8

Mod Motors are 20 years old and they are done.

Two questions for you.

1. If mod motors are done, then what is next?

2. Why are mod motors done and finished with?

At the very least, you have to answer those last two questions.

LMAO! :ROFLJest:

Keep talking Reptar.:waytogo:

:flipthebird: Keep adding zero discussion other than bumping your post count. Were all of your posts zero value added ones or just the past several hundred? :Grenade:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deciding based on cost: Keep the 5.4L

Getting a new Raptor: EcoBoost as it's not clear to me what advantage the 5.8 has over the 6.2 or EB. How much HP/TQ do you expect the 5.8 to put out? And MPGs?

I think most everyone that wants a new engine in the Raptor wants an ecoboost.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hm, well obviously there's gotta be a driver. I think I heard that Obama was going to be a chief Ford test car driver??

Umm.. no Obama's still got a year for his current job and since hes going to be re-elected it will be at least 4 more after that... ha ha ha