EcoBoost Raptor coming in 2013?? Take a look...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
this thread gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside. from this point forward, state your points and keep it clean. no serious bashing of other members is 1 of our 1 rules :rofl: thanks fellas :waytogo:

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
this thread gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside. from this point forward, state your points and keep it clean. no serious bashing of other members is 1 of our 1 rules :rofl: thanks fellas :waytogo:

Ha I think you just made up that 1 rule, :ROFLJest:
"where were going we don't need roads"

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think that 6.2 best watch out -- this thread is quickly approaching 1,000 posts. It's a race to 2,000!

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK Craptar. Or maybe I know when to keep my mouth shut when I don't know what the **** I'm talking about unlike you, you ******* retard.

Do you really think anyone here is taking you seriously anymore?

Thanks for another valueable added post Madcowranch. Please continue to just post up between every other response in this thread with how much you don't like the topic, yet you keep clicking on it to read it, and clicking to respond in it. And rather that contribute to the topic with what you think the 2013 test mule in the spy shots may have in it, just keep adding zero value to the thread :peace: Thanks bud, what would this forum do without you! :Grenade:

You are assuming that Ford will eat the tooling costs associated with putting the Eco in a Raptor. I admit we are talking nothing more than adding a power steering pump, but the accessory layout doesn't allow for one which means there will be an expense. It probably won't be enough to make up the 1500$ difference but it will eat into it.

Valid point, or they could keep EPAS and add it into the truck. May be as simple as a beefier unit to respond as intended with the larger tires. Then it could be added to the 6.2 version as well, and those investment costs become shared, and less of an impact to the individual customer. They're doing some pretty cool stuff with EPAS and having different modes. On the Mustang our 2011 only has two, standard and sport mode, and I believe the 2012's actually had 3 modes. It does make a considerable difference in driving feel. I'm sure they could toss it out as a new feature update on 2013 trucks if they did it, to have a standard mode, a high speed offroading mode, and a lowspeed/rock crawling mode that has different responses of steering input.

As for fuel savings, that's arguable. Most guys with the Eco aren't seeing the advertised mpg's unloaded and are downright pissed about 8-10mpg towing. I just don't see much better numbers and in a flagship vehicle giving up any hp/tq for a 1-2mpg savings just doesn't sound viable.

Yeah I'm with you that it certainly won't be at the advertised ecoboost mpg from the regular trucks, but it would be a Raptor-specific lower fuel economy rating with the EB comapred to a regular f150 with the EB. I'd say it'd still be roughly the same percentage imrpovement in mileage over the 6.2 raptor, as a regular f150 eb is over a 6.2 regular f150 though. As I said even 2 mpg is a considerable amount of savings. $1,000-$1,500 initial sticker difference, and if you drive roughly 15k miles a year, depending on fuel costs in your area, that 2mpg would account to at least $500/yr savings and up to $1,000 in fuel savings, which isn't anything to sneeze at.

Having said all that, if they did just a couple tweaks to the Eco to match or exceed the 6.2 output (easily done), I have no doubt they would sell as many as they can make.

I really don't see them ever upping the 3.5 EB numbers above the 6.2's, just to keep the divisions clear between engine lineups. The profit margin on the 6.2 is more than likely higher, so they'd want to still keep it with the highest peak numbers to still have a sales pitch for pushing it. I would love to see the aftermarket really start to get tuning and everything else down with the 3.5's though. They certainly have a lot of potential to surprise some people!

:birgits_tiredcoffee :waytogo:

Ryguy84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be trading my raptor in for a ecoboost and a Prius I Can't wait to have the sound of a gas saver yay. Do you think when I trade in for the ecoboost I can get a free coexist bumper sticker from ford too.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i just plan on turning my 6.2 into an "ecoboost".

The rest of you 13 hold outs can enjoy your magical ecoboost raptor. Ill just build my own.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats nice. ps I think everybody in here either already owns a Raptor, or has a '12 on order.

Back to the topic...any other thoughts on what may be in that spy shot Raptor?

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Back to the topic...any other thoughts on what may be in that spy shot Raptor?

Hm, well obviously there's gotta be a driver. I think I heard that Obama was going to be a chief Ford test car driver??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tday1103