Do Better Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpl291

Reaction score
Not sure Ford could have worse QC at this point.

1st Raptor 2023 35- shock clunk and live exhaust didn’t work. Ultimately traded in due to the issues. Later TSB’s were issued.

2nd Raptor 2023 35”- One headlight didn’t work for a year. 3 dealers 6 headlight modules-pulled over multiple times by police. Side view mirror stayed dim. AC fan in seat stopped working

3rd Raptor R 2024- CURRENTLY BEING BOUGHT BACK, check engine light came on during the ride home from the dealer. 2 dealers 5 trips no resolution. Vehicle has been at the dealer more then Ive had it in my possession. Most recent update Ford engineer told them to compare to a similar vehicle which the dealer obviously doesn’t have. Sent home from the dealer with a key that didn’t work…left stranded with both kiddos. Fob had to replaced.

Currently on the way to Utah for the Raptor Assault but no vehicle to come home to.

They are very capable and unique vehicles but come on ford 3 times in a row with terrible QC two of the three raptors were not drivable. Not one call from anyone at ford.

I waited over a year for the R allocation.

Nothing really comparable to replace the vehicle with but I dunno if it’s worth risking it for another go around.

Last edited:

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree 10000000000%

I will say this...

20 GMC 1500 - ZERO issues over 40k miles
21 GMC At4 1500 6.2 - Blew engine at 26k miles
21 F150 Tremor - Traded in at 8k miles. Trans did this weird vibration thing.
22 Raptor - Been in dealer so many times I lost count.

Everyone needs to step up their game in QC. Everything is a hunk of chit now. Even Toyota.. replacing engines on the new Tundras.

OP
OP
jpl291

jpl291

Reaction score
Agree 10000000000%

I will say this...

20 GMC 1500 - ZERO issues over 40k miles
21 GMC At4 1500 6.2 - Blew engine at 26k miles
21 F150 Tremor - Traded in at 8k miles. Trans did this weird vibration thing.
22 Raptor - Been in dealer so many times I lost count.

Everyone needs to step up their game in QC. Everything is a hunk of chit now. Even Toyota.. replacing engines on the new Tundras.
Agreed! Luckily I’ve kept my accord from college 300k miles never a check engine light or trip to the dealer other then for routine maintenance. My wife makes fun of me “one day that’s going to break down on you.” Most reliable vehicle we have ever had.

aFallenTree

Reaction score
Also agree, the industry as a whole has really dropped in overall quality and reliability. Only stuff left that might keep going are a few Hondas and last gen Toyotas. Pretty sad state we are in now.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man, that is some shit luck.

Definitely feel since COVID it's been poor across the board.
Toyota now has an engine that makes the cam phasers issue minor. lol

Why not look at TRX? Suspension is behind, but at least you get the power.

I bounce around Fords, but usually not due to issues. Just have ADHD. My 2017 Raptor was still on OEM plastic pan, phasers etc with 82k miles. Just fell in love with a 37 packaged Raptor.

Feel like the quality in dealer repairs also has gone hill too. My local dealer had a string of retirements/leaving and it's very hit or miss on if the new guy just does the bare minimum or not.

20leadfoot

Reaction score
Have been concidering getting a new Raptor but my 2020 Raptor has been so reliable that I just cant justify getting a new one. 60,000 miles and the only issue I have had was when a mechanic overfilled my transmission. With all the QC issues I keep reading about I think I will just keep mine and be happy with it.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed! Luckily I’ve kept my accord from college 300k miles never a check engine light or trip to the dealer other then for routine maintenance. My wife makes fun of me “one day that’s going to break down on you.” Most reliable vehicle we have ever had.
Why I keep my SVT Focus... thing is my back up that I use way too often.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man, that is some shit luck.

Definitely feel since COVID it's been poor across the board.
Toyota now has an engine that makes the cam phasers issue minor. lol

Why not look at TRX? Suspension is behind, but at least you get the power.

I bounce around Fords, but usually not due to issues. Just have ADHD. My 2017 Raptor was still on OEM plastic pan, phasers etc with 82k miles. Just fell in love with a 37 packaged Raptor.

Feel like the quality in dealer repairs also has gone hill too. My local dealer had a string of retirements/leaving and it's very hit or miss on if the new guy just does the bare minimum or not.
The quality of techs has really gone down hill. Just laughably bad. Nobody cares anymore. Nobody has pride in what they do.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Btw.. I find it hilarious you have both a 130k truck and a 2k Honda in your line up. haha

khildebr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also agree, the industry as a whole has really dropped in overall quality and reliability. Only stuff left that might keep going are a few Hondas and last gen Toyotas. Pretty sad state we are in now.
Fingers crossed as I’ve not had the quality issues others have/are dealing with on my Raptor. Have to agree that the quality of vehicles across the automotive spectrum has been in a steady decline. The service writer at my Acura dealership has told me to hold on to the 1999-2008 vehicles that we have as “you won’t get the same reliability and quality that you have in your current vehicles from what Honda/Acura are producing now”. So it’s not just Ford and appears to be more of a luck of the draw in what you get when you take delivery of a new vehicle these days.