Dear Ford, Please kill the Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtchris1021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100%% with u guys! I livein calexico, ca a small ass town right on the border with mexico.. damn! theres so many F raptors now! rlly! apparently there all stock from the ones I have seen, time to invest some money this xmas and make it look different :yaoface2:

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw my silver raptor twin on Wednesday night...had my ADD bumper and Rigid lightbar 40"...guess he likes my look...

But this same thing has been said over and over on the GT500 as well. I dont care if they keep building them...

1. I may need to upgrade one day
2. When Im done with this truck, it wont be worth squat even if it was limited to 50 trucks.
3. Seeing many others just gives me satisfaction and confirmation I made a good choice, and that there are actually people who take pride in what they drive.
4. New blood is never a bad thing, and just because we were at a point in our financial lives we could afford this vehicle from 2010-2013, there are MANY who arent able to yet, and I think it would be sad if I were in their place in life, and 5 years down the road, they didnt have a raptor option.

I have got past the whole "Look at me, cuz Im the only guy driving one of these in this area" mentality.

More on the streets means more people to enjoy ownership with, less people looking to do harm to my truck cuz its "special", and if there were double the number on the roads right now, it still wouldnt change the fact that I love my raptor, and it brings a smile to my face every time I drive it.

If you bought this vehicle as an investment, you are not a very good investor. I just sold my GT350 for a bit more than I paid for it, but it was the FIRST GT350 R built, (the new builds) and if I were to buy a car as an investment, it would be a Ford GT. They are now pushing double MSRP value.

OP
OP
Ni9mm

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you bought a Ford GT as an investment then you wouldn't be a very good investor. Heed your own warning.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seriously, I hope they keep production EXACTLY where it's at! At least Ford is making a GOOD Off Road truck.

There isn't another truck like this out there...unless you build one.

I guess you could consider the Powerwagon. But still not the same truck as the Raptor.

If they quit building them, than what do you buy next when you wear this one out? ...and get parts without hunting everywhere.

I like seeing the aftermarket companies doing well with this platform. If Ford quits production, those small/ local comapnies are out.

I could care less how many others have this truck, I know mine will be used for what it was intended for (unlike 90% of them on the road).
...just my 2 cents.

This sounds familiar... *cough* Hummer

Srock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny to see this post today. I have 1000 miles on my truck and today on the way to work and block from my house an identical raptor was at the 4 way stop. My wife then called and asked Why I was at school, she was dropping off my son and a black raptor was in the parking lot.

Up to today I have seen 5 Raptors ever on the road in the last 6 months and this morning 3 were in the same 2 blocks....