Dealers Selling at MSRP Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, Chevrolet does the same on the C8. Lots of ADM on that front as well. Ford did not invent ADM.

For the Raptor to not be a "Specialty" vehicle, you sure spend a lot of your time looking for one and whining about your lack of success. Sounds like it must be special to you after all.
Specialty vehicles are not mass produced. Raptors are mass produced. Sweet truck, yes. Specialty, no.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Specialty vehicles are not mass produced. Raptors are mass produced. Sweet truck, yes. Specialty, no.
Define mass produced. Raptors are limited production ( last numbers have been reported as 23000 Raptors out of almost 800k trucks). Semantics.

And I will add, it was part of the SVT (Special Vehicle Team) moniker until they renamed it Ford Performance.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Define mass produced. Raptors are limited production ( last numbers have been reported as 23000 Raptors out of almost 800k trucks). Semantics.

And I will add, it was part of the SVT (Special Vehicle Team) moniker until they renamed it Ford Performance.
It’s an F150 with really nice Fox shocks at the end of the day. And to wrap up the debate, I’d say ford prices this $65k truck high enough at MSRP of $80k to warrant zero ADM, but then again this country is full of idiots willing to pay $15k+ AdM so there’s that.

WestcampTX

Reaction score
FWIW, Chevrolet does the same on the C8. Lots of ADM on that front as well. Ford did not invent ADM.

For the Raptor to not be a "Specialty" vehicle, you sure spend a lot of your time looking for one and whining about your lack of success. Sounds like it must be special to you after all.
I was about to say, it was literally developed by the SPECIAL Vevicle Team at Ford Performance, and is still snickered under the Ford Performance sticker. It is in every sense of the word “special”.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s an F150 with really nice Fox shocks at the end of the day. And to wrap up the debate, I’d say ford prices this $65k truck high enough at MSRP of $80k to warrant zero ADM, but then again this country is full of idiots willing to pay $15k+ AdM so there’s that.
Yet, here you are spending an enormous amount of time emailing and calling dozens of dealers trying to get one. You don't see the hypocrisy in you stating that it is not that special? Maybe you should go buy a $65k truck and throw some Fox shocks on it and see if it is the same thing.

WestcampTX

Reaction score
Go buy your TRX then and quit trashing up the Raptor forum.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yet, here you are spending an enormous amount of time emailing and calling dozens of dealers trying to get one. You don't see the hypocrisy in you stating that it is not that special? Maybe you should go buy a $65k truck and throw some Fox shocks on it and see if it is the same thing.
Dang it! Now ya got me thinking……

JerseyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As

As a newcomer to the ford brand (a raptor would be my first ford) I’m very turned off by how these dealers operate. And the fact Ford let’s it happen tells us all we have to know. And I’m not buying the Covid excuse, because like another poster said, they did the same thing for the Gen 2 launch. Hell Toyota is finally redesigning the tundra after 50 years and all their dealers are MSRP. What’s that tell ya?

And no the Raptor isn’t a ‘specialty’ vehicle so don’t give me that crap! Lol
I'm with you that it is a turn off...I think it is compounded by covid but still happened with gen 2....the raptor is a special vehicle but produced in fairly large numbers.

either way it makes these slimy dealers look even more slimy, I don't know that it really means ford is bad because it is out of their hands....just short sited of the dealers that sour our opinions of them.

I will say this that ford dealers typically heavily discount trucks (my last platinum was 11k under msrp) whereas the Toyota Tacoma that I bought new in 2016 I had an eye opening experience because most Toyota dealers would not sell me what I wanted to order but I finally found one for msrp that would take my order and when it came in he had added other items to it