Dealers Selling at MSRP Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uscraptor51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, just got a third call from the dealer charging 20k over ADM initiailly.....I went there as a possible buyer at MSRP with wholesale trade in for my gladiator....long story short they offered me a high number for trade (even over KBBB outstanding) but only dropped ADM to 18k.....saying that they could wholesale the truck for $13,500 ADM....I was nice but left (ironically I would have paid a low ADM at the time) and ordered a 2022 for msrp about 4 hours away. they called and I told them about the order and then they called again today and came down to $12,500 ADM and said that they were willing to eat the 1k due to wanting to sell local...clearly a BS line

Wish they would just cut the BS and quit trying to gouge people....I told him if he gets below $7500 adm with the artificially high trade in value for my gladiator then I might think about it
$5k ADM was my “rational” limit and backup plan, if all else failed. I certainly think that Buyers could leverage smaller markets much better than big city markets. I picked up a vehicle 2 years ago out of St. Louis at a significant discount to local dealers, due to the fact that they were going into their winter months; and did not want to get stuck with “inventory” on vehicles that would not move during the winter.

I’m sure the Raptor is a little different, but would like to think the smaller guys would like to get this off their lots sooner rather than later…

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waiting to hear the first story of how somebody went in to a dealer asking ADM and was able to “work them down”. I know…no one would be willing to post such a silly story on here, but…it does make me wonder how long and what games the dealers will play, especially the ones asking $40K & $50K over MSRP?
I was in contact with a dealer on an in-bound Code Orange. Their ADM was $10k (35 truck!!). I basically told her if she came down to $5k I’d probably pull the trigger. Haven’t heard from her since last week after she told me ‘she’s working on it’

NeoLeo

Reaction score
That's where I'm getting my Gen 3 37 for MSRP! MIKE UZL IS THE MAN THERE! Should be in any day now. NeoLeo, where do you live?
Hey hey! Congrats! Mine is imminent, too! I’m in northern Virginia. I fly into Cleveland, taxi to Kent, and then long drive home… but a fun drive!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Waiting to hear the first story of how somebody went in to a dealer asking ADM and was able to “work them down”. I know…no one would be willing to post such a silly story on here, but…it does make me wonder how long and what games the dealers will play, especially the ones asking $40K & $50K over MSRP?

So, back in the Gen 2 roll out and ensuing stealership clown show, the ADM era lasted about 15-18 months, mostly in urban areas. I had a call a cr@p ton of stealers, and even ones we had verified MSRP purchases listed here on FRF, all of them were falling through. I was somewhere north of 40 contacts and eventually landed one at a smaller establishment about 75 minutes from me, deposit down, deal agreed to all by text except for the deposit which I did by phone- and then they emailed me the contract. I visited 3 of them, the closest to me was out of allocations and wanted ADM but I never got past what they wanted since they couldn’t get any more. The other 2 were 10k over and 5k over, respectively. I went back to the 5k over place with my MSRP offer and they still wouldn’t budge and we were previous buyers there. This was December ’16. The 10k over place was actually a credit union buying service recommended stealer. They wouldn’t honor the agreed upon, negotiated price when I got there, paperwork and agreement with the bank be damned.

I found that the ones charging the truly outrageous ADM- I think 25-30k over was “outrageous” in ’16-’17, they weren’t interested in selling the truck at all. I know a few metro DC stealers kept the same Rap on the lot with the same ADM listed for almost a year. There were still new ’17’s on the lot along with ’18’s. Now, I bought early on so this could have some flex but it wasn’t until around March or so of ’18 that we started to see folks start to more frequently score under MSRP deals. Even then, there were still ’17’s available new. Why? because greedy stealers were sitting on them.

There were also reports of large stealerships buying Raptors from smaller, MSRP or low ADM stealers at asking price and then reselling at higher ADM. I don’t know about that part but there were a lot of reports of it.

The closest I got to “working an adm stealership down” was getting the 5k over stealership to say they maybe could consider going as low as 2500 over, but, it was an 802a truck but was short many extras I wanted- tailgate step was one, but I wanted it more because it had no moon roof or graphics. In the end, they wouldn’t follow through or engage further so I took the MSRP with another 2400 in options I didn’t want but ended up better off than flushing 5-10k down the toilet to finance some sales guy’s 4 month vacation to Tahiti.

The good news is that this is going exactly like it did in late ’16 and in a few short weeks you’ll start seeing Gen3 trucks on the secondary market from buyers who had to have the Raptor, but end up deciding it’s not for them or they bit off more than they can afford, wife doesn’t like it, divorce what have you. Not that any of those thing are generally good but rather it will be an opportunity for someone to score a truck and give it a good home.

yourfordgirl

Reaction score
We have a trade, either going to sell locally to a dealer/online (vroom,carvana, etc...) or trade it into my selling dealer. Shouldn't change anything about the deal.
if your state offers tax savings then...Depending on the state.... Texas can hold tax savings up to 6 months, so if it comes in your safe.

WestcampTX

Reaction score
Well, the dealer I had my ‘21 order with called me about making it a ‘22 order, and said they changed their policies on ordered trucks and they are doing 5k ADM on them now. I told them to pound sand, so looks like I need to find a new dealer. I’m in WTX, Lubbock area.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the dealer I had my ‘21 order with called me about making it a ‘22 order, and said they changed their policies on ordered trucks and they are doing 5k ADM on them now. I told them to pound sand, so looks like I need to find a new dealer. I’m in WTX, Lubbock area.
Talked to a San Antonio dealer this morning. 10k markup on 35 and 37…..

This is getting annoying

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sterling Ford Lincoln in Opelousas, LA sold me my '21 at MSRP - I didn't even order it - it was a stock unit. They may not have any '21s still available, but I am sure they will order a '22 at MSRP.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sterling Ford Lincoln in Opelousas, LA sold me my '21 at MSRP - I didn't even order it - it was a stock unit. They may not have any '21s still available, but I am sure they will order a '22 at MSRP.
Any idea on their allocation situation for 22?