Dealer Offered me 67k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigdave18629

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Timing is everything. Now is crazy, and by location matters.

In May 2020 bought my 2018 CPO w/ext. warranty, loaded, 18k miles, leather, 802a, carbon fiber (also had window tint, backflip, fog lights) for $57,500 delivered one state over......

Signed papers in my garage on delivery.

Current pic
View attachment 320799
You got a great deal, congrats!

poofyo101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These trade in offers seem crazy...how are dealers even making money at these prices.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was offered $72k for my 2020 15,000 miles 702a fully loaded (how do you not have heated seats btw?) from a St Paul ford dealership. Paid $73500 No way I’m selling cause can’t get another one anytime soon. But wow I was shocked. I’ll bet you can get more for sure even if market is stabilizing a bit.

bigdave18629

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These trade in offers seem crazy...how are dealers even making money at these prices.
Saw a twin to my 19 on a lot at 78k with 15k miles. Heck excluding the C8 used vettes are up 30%+ this year. I would buy if I found the right car, trade in at stupid price buy at stupid price, should balance out. I got a tremendous deal on mine when I bought it, I can get more than I paid on trade, just aren't any cars I want on lots

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid 67k for my 2019 LOADED with 30k of upgrades and 37k miles.. little more than i want to pay but the upgrades were just insane

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw a twin to my 19 on a lot at 78k with 15k miles. Heck excluding the C8 used vettes are up 30%+ this year. I would buy if I found the right car, trade in at stupid price buy at stupid price, should balance out. I got a tremendous deal on mine when I bought it, I can get more than I paid on trade, just aren't any cars I want on lots
This. The trade in is where its paying to do a dealership deal. My dealership said they'd be able to keep the funds for up to 1 year and give me the tax incentive. So i did the deal for that reason. Bought the 802A loaded (New) in September of 2019 for just under 67k, traded in for 70k July 2021. Tax credit included, I would've had to have made a private sale for $74,900 to break even with the dealership offer.

Granted, I traded the truck in when I was still foolish enough to think I had a shot of taking ownership of my Gen 3 in August. hahah. With a production date thats been delayed three times now, I'll be lucky to get it by early November. Oh well, my 2004 4Runner is still going strong!!

bigdave18629

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This. The trade in is where its paying to do a dealership deal. My dealership said they'd be able to keep the funds for up to 1 year and give me the tax incentive. So i did the deal for that reason. Bought the 802A loaded (New) in September of 2019 for just under 67k, traded in for 70k July 2021. Tax credit included, I would've had to have made a private sale for $74,900 to break even with the dealership offer.

Granted, I traded the truck in when I was still foolish enough to think I had a shot of taking ownership of my Gen 3 in August. hahah. With a production date thats been delayed three times now, I'll be lucky to get it by early November. Oh well, my 2004 4Runner is still going strong!!
Yeah, miss that tax incentive, that was the way it was in WY and UT, here in Commifornia we get dinged on full purchase price, trad or not. But hey, we have great weather.