Clear Undercoat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn fine test!

I will be ordering my amsoil soon. You should try and sell them this test for advertising!
Mike what's next? Best wax would be a good one!

That's a another good one, but will be hard a fought battle, LOL. There are so many ways to get that one done. I have been using Klasse (the twins) from 2004 to present. Many new products out there since then. I use Klasse because it lasts a good 6 months, I have time problems at work and will never be able to wax every 4 weeks. The carnauba waxes just melt off with the Florida sun, so you have to keep up with that, the Klasse gives me some breathing room.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last Pictures before I pull it down and start new tests. It rained again this morning. You can see in the last picture, the sun burning everything off the rain, as I explained in other posts. Below this, I will post the pictures after they have been dry in my garage.

Last Day Up Pic # 1.jpgLast Day Up Pic # 2.jpgLast Day Up Pic # 3.jpg

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last Pictures before I pull it down and start new tests. It rained again this morning. You can see in the last picture, the sun burning everything off the rain, as I explained in other posts. Below this, I will post the pictures after they have been dry in my garage.

View attachment 11683View attachment 11684View attachment 11685

Wow now that's what I would call a significant result! Do any retail stores sell the amsoil hdmp? Like home depot, Grainger, discount auto etc...?

Dave

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These pictures have been in my garage about a day. After this we will do some asked for tests by members and then redo the entire thing indoors, just to see what happens. That one should last more then 2 weeks.

Inside Garage Dry Pic # 2 (1).jpgInside Garage Dry Pic # 2 (2).jpgInside Garage Dry Pic # 3.jpg

Last edited:

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did my Dodge Ram with Amsoil on Monday (it will be my sons car when my Raptor gets here), with no lift. LOL. Interesting to say the least, with out saying any four letter words.

If you can get the truck in the air, do it!!! If not here's some tips.

1. You need a mask, and a good one.
  2. You need gloves, thin ones like the doctors use so you can controll the can. Picture below. Sams Club, Walmart
  3. Wear long sleeves,the over spray started to makes my arms itch.
  4. Wear long pants, sweat pants etc etc I smelled of Amsoil. Did not make my legs itch but the hair on my legs had a wax feel to them. I think my arms took more of the Amsoil on me, they were closer to the can and the itch was quick.
  5. You may need something to protect your eyes, I used googles. When you are spraying up, the over spray is wicked, it falls down right on you. You have to do a section and then get out of there.
  6. Go Slow and remember where you have sprayed, so you can continue in the spot you left off.
  7. A fan blowing behind you on the ground wil be a big help to clear out the over spray.
  8. If you think you got it all the 1st time, look the next day and you will see where you missed.
  9. Its hard because most of the time you are on your back spraying side ways or up. Its gets foggy quick.
  10. If you can get your wheels off even better.
Is it the best job, no, but the best I could do on my back. If you can get to a lift you can see allot better and will be standing doing it. You will still need a mask and googles and be covered.

Hope that helps some guys out. I know my Raptor will much easier because of the experience of doing the Ram.

Gloves.jpg

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mike thanks again for the great write up! FYI when I traded in my ram it was rusting over the rear wheel wells. I didnt find the drain holes until I saw the rust. Tell your son he has to find and clean those spots if he wants to keep his truck from rustin. I used to spray WD40 in the door drains. Maybe down in FLA u guys don't have to worry bout rust as much as we do here in CT...... damn ice melt!