Clear Undercoat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2manytrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another great test Mike. Thanks for doing this.

I like the fact that the Amsoil had to be worked on to get it off.

debordj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just sprayed three cans under my new raptor. Not as easy as I thought.

I think I got all the areas I could. I did notice some of the holes in the underside below the doors have duck tape over them. I didn't remove them but I think I should and then spray in there and then maybe duck tape back over them?

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
do u think the amsoil would work good for the shocks??

where is everyone finding the best deals on the amsoil. i cant seem to find it in the local stores?

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score

where is everyone finding the best deals on the amsoil. i cant seem to find it in the local stores?

It will work fine on your shocks, just be aware that it does leave a yellow tint. I reccomend testing it on piece of aluminum first to make sure your ok with it. I personally don't mind, I would rather have yellowish shocks than corroded shocks.

I'm pretty sure you need to order it online.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Online seems to be the best way AMSOIL - Synthetic Oil, Motor and Engine Oil, Lubricants, Air Filters, Oil Filters and Greases

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

If this was already covered I'm sorry, how does the amsoil do with heat? Like on the transmission and engine?

Dave

Not sure about that, but in the Florida sun it did not melt off. When I moved the steel at the end of the test, it was way to hot to hold, but that does not compare to the heat from the trans or engine.

flyinfry

Reaction score
I wonder how the Amsoil would hold up using it on snowmobile suspension parts? I hate when you have to trailer them and salt gets everywhere even with a cover on them.

Montag84

Reaction score
I just spent the better part of 1+ hours reading every post in this thread. I love how the OP, speed45, has not posted more than a couple times in the beginning and the thread has taken a life of its own (gotta love forum communities). Thanks to Mike Hammer for the time and research. I think any auto enthusiast, truck, offroad, or otherwise could benefit from reading this thread and picking up some cans of Amsoil HD Metal Protector! At a 1/4 of the cost of a professional undercoating each year, I think I will be doing my own.