Clear Undercoat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awesome job. im glad to see that you are very thorough with the testing. the way i see it, is the water that we drive fast through will act as a (very small) pressure washer, and the heat from the mechanical components will also affect it as well. im wondering if the (slight) acidity in the rain would cause deterioration on the underside, since it was in constant contact.......

I think the PH of the rain or any type of water we hit will do something if not protected. Also it will be a bit different depending on what state we come from. The good thing is, the water will not be pouring over the under carriage for hours like the rain was here. And it will drip off and not sit like it did on the steel.

Last edited:

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn fine test!

I will be ordering my amsoil soon. You should try and sell them this test for advertising!
Mike what's next? Best wax would be a good one!

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mike, nice work! One question that came up earlier in this thread was what effect the Amsoil has on non-metal surfaces? Electrical wiring, hoses, CV boots, and shock bushings, just to name a few. I have not seen any negative results in the 6 months since I applied the Amsoil to the truck but, you never know. Maybe you could treat some rubber / plastic samples with the products and see how they react over time. Just a thought. Again, great job!

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Says on the website that the metal protector is safe for spraying on electrical components as in wiring and plastics,even says ignition components. And displaces water. Also good for saltwater use. I sprayed pretty much everything on my truck. Looks good and the water just runs off. Used 6 cans so I did a good coating. Jack

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, nice work! One question that came up earlier in this thread was what effect the Amsoil has on non-metal surfaces? Electrical wiring, hoses, CV boots, and shock bushings, just to name a few. I have not seen any negative results in the 6 months since I applied the Amsoil to the truck but, you never know. Maybe you could treat some rubber / plastic samples with the products and see how they react over time. Just a thought. Again, great job!

I have a few I will do here in the next week or so.

1. Thats a good one and easy one. I have some windshield washer vacuum rubber hose here I could spray all three. I will not bother leaving it outside, most likley it will not get exposed to the direct sun. But heat off the engine it will be exposed to, my garage runs 85-90.
  2. Dirt on the steel to see how the dirt hoses off.
  3. The Amsoil applied over the Boeshield. Thats For Bigt0007
  4. All three sanded down and resprayed. Run the test indoors with a salt spray. This will be the last of the three because we know what everyne will be using. This is just a lets see what happens.
The Amsoil company is really missing the boat on this one. The FF site is impressive, video's, pictures etc etc. Amsoil nothing, unless I missed it on there site.

Last edited:

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ran into a guy selling Amsoil products at the Great American jeep rally. Told him to check out your write up. And make sure you get credit for your hard work! He had 1 hdmp for sale so I bought it, best 8 bucks I ever spent! Damn boeshield kit with rust remover cost 25 bucks at my local sears!