Carbon8's Avalanche Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, safe to say that is my biggest "concern" with them. They have not gotten that front end right, IMO, for the last two models. I was hoping it might grow on me. Honestly, truck-wise, I'm very unlikely to stray from Ford.

Unless Ford is proven to be caught up in sacrificing puppies in Satanic rituals, I'm not going anywhere.

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, safe to say that is my biggest "concern" with them. They have not gotten that front end right, IMO, for the last two models. I was hoping it might grow on me. Honestly, truck-wise, I'm very unlikely to stray from Ford.

I've seen a couple in person and it looks much better, plus I've already seen some SEMA renderings of different builds and the aftermarket is handling those two outrageously large chrome strips...i hate chrome. never understood why Ford wont do a color matched or matte finish on SDs. probably because the majority of owners want all the chrome...blech

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From the beginning, I could take or leave the CF. After this, I definitely don't have any issue deleting it. May add the beadlock capable wheels now.

If you plan on doing aftermarket upgrades you may want to do some homework on the oem beadlock specs, the gen 1 beadlock did not have clearance with a lot of aftermarket arms, not sure if the gen 2 will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a couple in person and it looks much better, plus I've already seen some SEMA renderings of different builds and the aftermarket is handling those two outrageously large chrome strips...i hate chrome. never understood why Ford wont do a color matched or matte finish on SDs. probably because the majority of owners want all the chrome...blech

Yeah, I'm with ya on all that chrome and plastic-chrome, and I know everyone has their own preference but most of the American brand trucks have entirely too much chrome. I know they all have variants, but as an overall - too much.
It was/is an American characteristic of autos, but I was played out on it before I was old enough to drive. Gotta love the "Texas editions" of both chevy and Ford - chrome front and rear bumpers, chrome running boards, chrome wheels, chrome grills, chrome side mirrors - whew. You want some chrome tint thrown in...?
I'm gonna be on the look-out for the SD's. I should have signed up for their preview in your area test drive - Dammit!

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you plan on doing aftermarket upgrades you may want to do some homework on the oem beadlock specs, the gen 1 beadlock did not have clearance with a lot of aftermarket arms, not sure if the gen 2 will.

Good info! I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up, bud!

What would you suggest? Just keep the standard wheels on the order and go aftermarket?

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good info! I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up, bud!

What would you suggest? Just keep the standard wheels on the order and go aftermarket?

I think that's a tricky question. I don't know the specs of the gen 2 beadlock or what the aftermarket will offer, so they could yet fit. Additionally the idea of being beadlock capable and being able to run them either way is novel as most people that have run beadlocks for years know they can be irritating, most aftermarket options are either beadlock or non beadlock exclusively. For me personally, I always want to run aftermarket because I rarely like the factory styling and the options are greater.

Nordic

Full Access Member
Reaction score

+1

There is a lot to like about this truck, being chromeless might be the best part. You can't even load up a f150 without that stuff being all over it.

This is a real conundrum. I would like to get the option but would hate the wait to turn into months for a couple of pieces of trim. Will call the dealer tomorrow to see what they know.

Guess this potential delay means it's real cf and not tape.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1

There is a lot to like about this truck, being chromeless might be the best part. You can't even load up a f150 without that stuff being all over it.

This is a real conundrum. I would like to get the option but would hate the wait to turn into months for a couple of pieces of trim. Will call the dealer tomorrow to see what they know.

Guess this potential delay means it's real cf and not tape.

that is what I did. Will see if they have any info hopefully tomorrow. I'm sticking with it still at this point, I need more evidence it is for certain an issue - unless I missed something new?
I asked the same and was told it is real CF.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is it machined aluminum instead of the cf? What's the no option option look like?

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it better be real cf for a thousand bucks and for very little material

yes ford loads up the chrome, but look at how many trucks they sell...peeps obviously want that crap. chevy and dodge offer variants of their mainline trucks with mono paint jobs or blacked out stuff but the vast majority of those trucks i see on the road are loaded with chrome