Carbon8's Avalanche Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem with that line of thinking is that, if your scenario is true, someone completely screwed the dog with regard to anticipated, average, and actual lead times. For instance, I can place 10 40' containers of wheelbarrows with my importer tomorrow and bank on them being at my dock within 90 days. The trick is you have to have the foresight to factor in your suppliers' lead times in order to maintain a satisfactory fill rate.

So, if Ford really won't have product to fill orders for CF packages (an apt acronym, as it turns out), and they knew a year ago that this would be a thing, they completely whiffed on their requisitioning and procurement of the materials involved.

This is too deep for me ... I'm a DROPOUT after all! :biggrin: LOLOLOL

I'm gonna go with ... "Ford doesn't have the material needed to put in Vehicle."

I should win with that quote! haha

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I read some discussions about it, but does anyone know for certain this is actual CF or just a veneer that looks CF? I mean I would like it to be real, but from all that I have seen it also appears that it could be some high-end Autozone stick-ons?
I believe Ford outsourced the GT350 R's CF wheels to a place in Australia. Oops?

It's real.

That big ass typhoon that hit Japan (where a lot of raw CF material comes from) supposedly screwed up production for a bunch of cars for a couple weeks. Carbon fiber raw material prices and supplies are pretty volatile anyway, I've actually had a car delayed in the past for having CF interior and exterior trim. I actually skipped it on my '17 Raptor partly for that reason.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just think it's funny that ford makes a sort of ricey version of the raptor and they also happen to have an orange carbon fiber package lol [emoji23]. I like cf as much as the next guy, but if ford ever created a truck with orange cf, this would be it lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's real.

That big ass typhoon that hit Japan (where a lot of raw CF material comes from) supposedly screwed up production for a bunch of cars for a couple weeks. Carbon fiber raw material prices and supplies are pretty volatile anyway, I've actually had a car delayed in the past for having CF interior and exterior trim. I actually skipped it on my '17 Raptor partly for that reason.

Good to know, that is the way I would prefer. Now its more of sitting back to see how it all unfolds. I will see if I can get any info from the dealer about it. I plan on keeping the option at this point.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's real.

Aha! That would account for the issue then. Unforeseeable acts of God definitely throw conventional supply chain management practices out the window.

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

I just think it's funny that ford makes a sort of ricey version of the raptor and they also happen to have an orange carbon fiber package lol [emoji23]. I like cf as much as the next guy, but if ford ever created a truck with orange cf, this would be it lol.

You're getting even more predictable than ever. I KNEW you'd chime in with some kind of misguided tomfoolery and hate towards Gen2.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aha! That would account for the issue then. Unforeseeable acts of God definitely throw conventional supply chain management practices out the window.

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

You're getting even more predictable than ever. I KNEW you'd chime in with some kind of misguided tomfoolery and hate towards Gen2.

Misguided? Lol not really. You're getting more predictable than ever. I KNEW you'd take offense.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Misguided? Lol not really. You're getting more predictable than ever. I KNEW you'd take offense.

Me? Offended? Swiiiiiiing and a miss! Lol! It takes WAY more than something as inconsequential as trucks to offend me.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Me? Offended? Swiiiiiiing and a miss! Lol! It takes WAY more than something as inconsequential as trucks to offend me.

Apparently you take issue or you wouldn't bother with acknowledgement. Please explain where my statement was misguided?

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently you take issue or you wouldn't bother with acknowledgement. Please explain where my statement was misguided?

Nah. I'm good. It would be like Tylenol to Lindsay Lohan anyway... It just wouldn't matter.

"None so blind as those who will not see"

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nah. I'm good. It would be like Tylenol to Lindsay Lohan anyway... It just wouldn't matter.

"None so blind as those who will not see"

Lol solid response, truly substantiated.