Buying new raptor tomorrow..Paint protector or not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ask yourself how long you will realistically keep your truck and how you will use it. If your not doing off road and you don't eke you vehicles over three years......... Why bother.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask yourself how long you will realistically keep your truck and how you will use it. If your not doing off road and you don't eke you vehicles over three years......... Why bother.

Why would you need to keep it longer than 3 years?

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some folks keep their vehicles four five six years. That is a lot of more wear on your paint. The only reason to consider some aftermarket paint protector.

Ahhhhhh we have an expert in the paint protection field. Please post in detail how you personally prepare and protect the paint surface. Might even post some pictures of your work!:gr_grin:

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Note to self---never buy a vehicle from this guy. Wonder if he bothers to change the oil on his vehicles.

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer told me every one of their cars come with the paint protection, I was like what is it a clear bra wrap, he's like no its a coating, I was like what like a glass-like coating, and he is like yeah exactly, I said I don't want that at all I do it myself and I don't want you to detail it either I do that myself also. he's like okay I won't touch it but I can't remove the paint protection from the price, I was like really you can't even though I'm saying I don't want it, he's like yeah we have to include that in our pricing. I was like whatever, just don't touch my truck when it comes here and I want to know exactly when it comes in to inspect it.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahhhhhh we have an expert in the paint protection field. Please post in detail how you personally prepare and protect the paint surface. Might even post some pictures of your work!:gr_grin:

Note to self---never buy a vehicle from this guy. Wonder if he bothers to change the oil on his vehicles.

Listen *******. I am tired of you following me around from post to post making your ******* remarks. You got a problem with me.....be a ******* Man......you put it on PM's and stop filling up these threads with your *********. I am tired of it and I am sure many others are as well.

D

Deleted member 12951

Listen *******. I am tired of you following me around from post to post making your ******* remarks. You got a problem with me.....be a ******* Man......you put it on PM's and stop filling up these threads with your *********. I am tired of it and I am sure many others are as well.

Uh, can't take your own crap. hahaha.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

The dealer told me every one of their cars come with the paint protection, I was like what is it a clear bra wrap, he's like no its a coating, I was like what like a glass-like coating, and he is like yeah exactly, I said I don't want that at all I do it myself and I don't want you to detail it either I do that myself also. he's like okay I won't touch it but I can't remove the paint protection from the price, I was like really you can't even though I'm saying I don't want it, he's like yeah we have to include that in our pricing. I was like whatever, just don't touch my truck when it comes here and I want to know exactly when it comes in to inspect it.

That's a bunch of crap. I had a dealer once do that to me. Told them to take it off, I refused to pay for it. Said they couldn't, it was already on. Told them I never asked for it and got up out of the finance guy's office (that's where they surprised me) and said the deal was off. All I had to do was gather my stuff and stand up and he immediately took the stupid charge off. Kinda different though when ordering and deposit involved, mine was a lot truck and not a Raptor at the time.

If I was in your shoes, I would tell them to wait a moment while I call my attorney and have them speak with him. Luckily I have a couple of lawyers that I can call.