Build Week 10/24/2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone has to be inside the truck and accept the prompt to activate the vehicle. It can't be done remotely. Usually done by someone moving the vehicle for transport.
Ok so just adding the truck in FordPass will create the prompt in the truck? I get the error immediately after clicking the activate button.

BLADErunner

Reaction score
Ok so just adding the truck in FordPass will create the prompt in the truck? I get the error immediately after clicking the activate button.
Not 100% certain but I believe that's how it works. Maybe someone who has gotten their trucks can shed more light.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crazy just got off the phone with Ford CS and according to them and the tracker, the truck hasn’t shipped. However my dealer said it’s been shipped and arriving within the next week. Anyone know what to make of this; or am I getting my hopes high??

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crazy just got off the phone with Ford CS and according to them and the tracker, the truck hasn’t shipped. However my dealer said it’s been shipped and arriving within the next week. Anyone know what to make of this; or am I getting my hopes high??
As crazy as it sounds, the dealer has a more up to date and accurate tracker than Ford customer service. If your dealer is actually checking VVR or VinView, their info is better than the Ford website tracker or Ford CS.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As crazy as it sounds, the dealer has a more up to date and accurate tracker than Ford customer service. If your dealer is actually checking VVR or VinView, their info is better than the Ford website tracker or Ford CS.
Yeah , just weird the way he told me. I texted him for an update and he responded with”Definitely on the move” ; and I should see it soon. Maybe it was his presentation. Also if it was moving and would arrive soon. I would have expected him to call or text me, and not the other way around. He’s pretty trust worthy; but I don’t trust anyone, just me.

HazedAlpha

Reaction score
Yeah , just weird the way he told me. I texted him for an update and he responded with”Definitely on the move” ; and I should see it soon. Maybe it was his presentation. Also if it was moving and would arrive soon. I would have expected him to call or text me, and not the other way around. He’s pretty trust worthy; but I don’t trust anyone, just me.
When I talked to my dealer they informed me that they will receive an email that has the tracking information. If it's by rail it will be a train car number, if it's on a convoy (aka semi) they should be able to track it by VIN through the company shipping the truck. Would be worth asking if they can share that info with you.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I talked to my dealer they informed me that they will receive an email that has the tracking information. If it's by rail it will be a train car number, if it's on a convoy (aka semi) they should be able to track it by VIN through the company shipping the truck. Would be worth asking if they can share that info with you.
Thanks I will ask.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This gets better,; my damn salesman initially said it was moving. But I guess he didn’t check with guy who has access to Vin View or other systems. So the truck is still sitting in Dearborn. This is getting beyond frustrating.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since getting the news my truck didn’t ship. I started shopping around and found a 2023 avalanche 37pp. However the dealer wants $20k over MSRP. Definitely a deal breaker for me; as my dealer is only charging me $5k over and absorbing that cost with equity from my lease return (F150 XLT) . So I am actually getting it at MSRP. Guess I’ll be waiting, because I won’t feed into these parasites, that think they can charge $20k over MSRP.