Build Week 10/24/2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck moved yesterday to the rail yard in New Boston, MI. First movement since it was built Nov 17th. Any idea how long it takes from here?
Who knows at this point; Ford seems like they are so unorganized. I’ve seen people trucks get delivered, that were ordered and built after mine. I’ve also seen many that ordered trucks in 2021 , that still haven’t received their trucks and are sitting in the awaiting shipping limbo, like me.

BLADErunner

Reaction score
My truck moved yesterday to the rail yard in New Boston, MI. First movement since it was built Nov 17th. Any idea how long it takes from here?
Guessing or trying to estimate that time period is a shot in the dark. For context, mine has been sitting in the rail yard 1.5 hours away from my dealership since 11/21 with ZERO movement.

My dealer called me yesterday (got my hopes up at first) and told me that he was doing everything in his power to figure out what's going on with it. He told me that IF something was damaged anywhere on the truck that the rail yard through their own contactors or through Ford, would be in charge of fixing whatever might be damaged. If something like that happens they do NOT tell the dealerships or Ford that it is being fixed. They only let you know of the damage or whatever the hold up was until it's delivered to your dealership.

That's all I've been explained. I have no idea whether or not something is damaged on my truck but it beats the hell out of me why it's been sitting 7+ weeks just sitting there and no one can give me a straight answer.

HazedAlpha

Reaction score
This gets better,; my damn salesman initially said it was moving. But I guess he didn’t check with guy who has access to Vin View or other systems. So the truck is still sitting in Dearborn. This is getting beyond frustrating.
I'm right there with you! It's hard to patiently wait anymore...

sfreedom97

Reaction score
I've had my truck built since 11/1/22. My dealer says the notes he has claim it's on a chip hold, but when I call Ford they say the truck is 100% built and awaiting a carrier to deliver it to the dealership.

How did you find out that your truck moved to the rail yard? Or any other movements prior to it is on the way to the dealership? TIA

Hiblit

Reaction score
So mine has a blend date of 12/13/22
Dealer assures me it will be at dealership in January (assumption being 2023)
This dealership has only missed 1 date so far, so statistically it’s anybody’s guess.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So mine has a blend date of 12/13/22
Dealer assures me it will be at dealership in January (assumption being 2023)
This dealership has only missed 1 date so far, so statistically it’s anybody’s guess.
I missed my 9th

gman524

Reaction score
I've had my truck built since 11/1/22. My dealer says the notes he has claim it's on a chip hold, but when I call Ford they say the truck is 100% built and awaiting a carrier to deliver it to the dealership.

How did you find out that your truck moved to the rail yard? Or any other movements prior to it is on the way to the dealership? TIA
Until Sunday, Ford marketing told me it was built and awaiting shipping at the assembly plant. Yesterday they told me there was an update on Sunday and the truck was at the rail yard in New Boston. My dealer didn’t have any other info. That was just the first time anything has changed. Sorry, don’t have much more than that! Hope we all get our trucks soon! Best of luck!

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm right there with you! It's hard to patiently wait anymore...
When you stop and think about it in perspective, it actually aggravates me to no end. I’m not rich; I saved money, just to put a decent enough down payment to keep my payments reasonable. So this to me is my dream vehicle/super car. So a $90k car/truck would normally be above my budget. So I expected a kinda VIP treatment being that I’m 1 of 2 allotments that my dealership was given. My dealership hasn’t treated me bad; but there take on it is; the truck will arrive whenever.

So I’m falling into the category of being pretty disappointed by process and the dealership’s nonchalant attitude. Also FORD, is a complete shit show with the whole ordering process.

HazedAlpha

Reaction score
When you stop and think about it in perspective, it actually aggravates me to no end. I’m not rich; I saved money, just to put a decent enough down payment to keep my payments reasonable. So this to me is my dream vehicle/super car. So a $90k car/truck would normally be above my budget. So I expected a kinda VIP treatment being that I’m 1 of 2 allotments that my dealership was given. My dealership hasn’t treated me bad; but there take on it is; the truck will arrive whenever.

So I’m falling into the category of being pretty disappointed by process and the dealership’s nonchalant attitude. Also FORD, is a complete shit show with the whole ordering process.
Couldn't agree more! I think that the way Ford handles things once the truck gets built is poor. They have all these truck sitting waiting to get shipped and I feel like they don't care if they get sent out or not. They need to give the shipping companies a push to get things rolling smoothly or come up with a better system to get these trucks on the move, because right now logistics seem to be all over the place.