GEN 2 Body Cavity and Underbody Rust Prevention?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diverdown3

Reaction score
I've read a lot of content regarding Gen 2 rust prevention, on FRF and elsewhere. It seems many see value in underbody protection, but I'm not seeing much regarding body cavity protection. I plan to have my underbody addressed since my prior owner was in Texas and I live in Northern Indiana. There is very little rust beneath, but my opportunity is now, before the Winter.

The question I have is, is it worthwhile to have the body cavities done as well? I know some aspects of our Gen 2 bodies are aluminum, but it oxidizes too, just differently, and there has to be some steel in there as well.

Very interested first in the experience of those who've invested in protection in either location, particularly Gen 2 owners in snowy\icy climates. What has been your experience?

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an 18 and a 20 and drove them around in PA winters with absolutely no undercarriage protection other than an undercarriage wash every week or two. Never had an issue.