Best in the Desert 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It's not one thing, it's a bunch of different things I dislike. In no particular order.

1. Hate the new grill, looks cartoonish and the front camera makes it look like it has a tiny **** hanging off of it.

Hey! My wife told me size doesn't matter.

Contact us today for the incredible Rogue Racing New Year's front bumper specials!

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Man the hostility in the forum is amazing. You're completely right.

There is a handful of people who are not liking the new Raptor. Most that have issues with this or that are still going to buy a Gen2 Raptor.

There are plenty of posts bagging on the Gen1 failures. Those who actually own a Raptor and don't rely on Ford to tell them what to think know the Raptor is a great vehicle but far from perfect.

The Gen2 fanbois get all pissy at any criticism of the new Raptor. There has yet to be one person stating they will no longer buy a new Raptor because of what happened this weekend at the BitD race.

But no because Gen1 owners and not cutt and pasting the latest talking points with a raging hardon that would put ****** out of business that means we are all hostile.

MrDillonTx

Reaction score
But no because Gen1 owners and not cutt and pasting the latest talking points with a raging hardon that would put ****** out of business that means we are all hostile.

Never said all were hostile. But I do appreciate your point of view and keeping things level headed, i.e. the trucks are bad ass : )

LSBRaptor

Reaction score
It's not one thing, it's a bunch of different things I dislike. In no particular order.

1. Hate the new grill, looks cartoonish and the front camera makes it look like it has a tiny **** hanging off of it.

2. Don't like the aluminum, on a sports car great, on a truck I'm going to beat on, too expensive to repair and I don't know how to work with aluminum.

3. the squarish sharp looking fenders bother me, it's like the ford equivalent to the gm square wheel wells.

4. The motor, it may be stupid but I want a big American v8 in an American truck.

5. The motor, too many working parts to fail on a tt setup.

6. The transmission, with what I've seen of fords shift logic I feel like 10 speeds can only make it worse. Again more working parts to fail

7. All these new driving modes just seem like fancy do dads and I imagine will come with all sorts of new nannies.

8. Stop start is dumb.

9. Sounds like shit.

10. Just generally don't like it's appearance.

I'll stop with 10 but I'm sure if I really thought about it I could come up with a couple dozen.

I do like the interior though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure you can come up with bunch of random shit that has little influence.

1.) Get an aftermarket grill, and the best part is you don't need to add the front camera if you don't like it... although it might be part of a package.

2.) yeah the aluminum is more expensive but if your doing that much damage all the time, maybe you should work on you off road driving to prevent that.

3.) have you looked at the fenders they are almost exactly the same.

4.) the motor in an American truck has never been about the size or the cylinders it has. it has always be about how much power you can produce out of the engine. V8's have always been sought after because it was the best way to produce raw power in the 20th century. and check out the ecoboost mustang, its quickly becoming popular.

5.) yes it has more moving parts but if they came out with a tt V8. you wouldn't say a thing about it. and if you decided to put a supercharger on a V8 your looking at about the same amount of moving parts. by the way if you have to fill up less just 2-3 mpg less that means more time having fun, about 100 miles with the 32gal tank.

6.) the transmission, Greg Foutz already said the 10 speed was bad ass, but your right you should just stick with the transmission that you and several others complain about.

7.) driving modes "ARE NOT NEW" every sport car to eco car has had a selection of driving modes. and if you go back into the early 90 and 2000 its basically a tuner that gives you more control of how you truck works.

8.) Stop/ Start is irrelevant. the only time it will activate is when your at a stop sign or traffic light in driving mode and on top of that you can shut it off and never turn it back on.

9.)mod the exhaust, I would place a bet with you that there will be an exhaust that is going to make it sound to your liking. Roush, Shelby, etc...

10.) and you can always do something to change the appearance of any truck. ill place a bet on that too.

you know better yet don't ever get a 2017+ Raptor the fewer people that order it the fast it is to get and lower the price.

in truth I would just settle for you to stop bad mouthing it in any and very discussion I see. there on par there are two things that give the new raptor the small advantage one the interior and second the new purpose built frame. each of them have there pros and cons.

trust me. this community need this truck to succeed even you do. because is 15 plus years when most gen 1 and ran into the ground and you cant find them and they stop producing raptor because it does not sell have fun building a base f150 from the ground up.

everything can be debated. take it or leave it. let people be excided for the truck. and stop ripping down everyone that has an option.

the more issues they find on the track the few issues people will find.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can come up with bunch of random shit that has little influence.

1.) Get an aftermarket grill, and the best part is you don't need to add the front camera if you don't like it... although it might be part of a package.

2.) yeah the aluminum is more expensive but if your doing that much damage all the time, maybe you should work on you off road driving to prevent that.

4.) the motor in an American truck has never been about the size or the cylinders it has. it has always be about how much power you can produce out of the engine. V8's have always been sought after because it was the best way to produce raw power in the 20th century. and check out the ecoboost mustang, its quickly becoming popular.

5.) yes it has more moving parts but if they came out with a tt V8. you wouldn't say a thing about it. and if you decided to put a supercharger on a V8 your looking at about the same amount of moving parts. by the way if you have to fill up less just 2-3 mpg less that means more time having fun, about 100 miles with the 32gal tank.

6.) the transmission, Greg Foutz already said the 10 speed was bad ass, but your right you should just stick with the transmission that you and several others complain about.

7.) driving modes "ARE NOT NEW" every sport car to eco car has had a selection of driving modes. and if you go back into the early 90 and 2000 its basically a tuner that gives you more control of how you truck works.

8.) Stop/ Start is irrelevant. the only time it will activate is when your at a stop sign or traffic light in driving mode and on top of that you can shut it off and never turn it back on.

9.)mod the exhaust, I would place a bet with you that there will be an exhaust that is going to make it sound to your liking. Roush, Shelby, etc...

10.) and you can always do something to change the appearance of any truck. ill place a bet on that too.

you know better yet don't ever get a 2017+ Raptor the fewer people that order it the fast it is to get and lower the price.

in truth I would just settle for you to stop bad mouthing it in any and very discussion I see. there on par there are two things that give the new raptor the small advantage one the interior and second the new purpose built frame. each of them have there pros and cons.

trust me. this community need this truck to succeed even you do. because is 15 plus years when most gen 1 and ran into the ground and you cant find them and they stop producing raptor because it does not sell have fun building a base f150 from the ground up.

everything can be debated. take it or leave it. let people be excided for the truck. and stop ripping down everyone that has an option.

I'm not reading your list lol you asked for mine so I gave it to you, it's not a debate to me, i don't like it and I don't feel bad about not liking it you're asking me to stop ripping on it? This is a forum, where people talk and express their opinions and mine is that I don't like it. If you like it, cool, I'm not going to tell you not to, but you need to get over other people having differing opinions. Personally, I don't need the gen 2 to succeed, I have already expressed that when my truck is run into the ground I would not be stepping into another raptor. That I would buy a base model with a 5.0 liter and build it just like rouge did with its 2015.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flamingo Racing

Reaction score
This is a tough thread to follow. Many posters or posers need to learn about the desert racing world. Ford is and has been big $ for BITD for many years. Both SCORE & BITD have created one off classes for years. Parker is super fast at times unforgivable at times, all of it is do-able but at what speed(first entry 89, first win 12) Saw truck & spoke w/Greg, stock except for springs(military wrap ends)and shocks. Lights not really necessary due to start time. This was a good shake down they'll evaluate and tweak. Tim Casey been a solid racer in big trucks for years (La Paz Party Mix Jeep/Ford). Toyota(Ted?) Dodge & bow tie want to compare with the Raptor, come to the desert, heads up. Don't let any DNF scare you look at the TT names that didn't make it. The Raptor will be seen again at the Mint( Primm/Gold Coast/SNORE track to oldsters)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 1,563

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score

^most of those things are stuff we assume will cause issues (they likely will but no hard evidence yet), but the problems they retained from the Gen1 are things I'm certain will still be problematic.

Last edited: