Best in the Desert 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^most of those things are stuff we assume will cause issues (they likely will but no hard evidence yet), but the problems they retained from the Gen1 are things I'm certain will still be problematic.

True Dan, difference being that I've accepted or fixed the flaws with the gen 1, I have no desire to add all of the new flaws of the gen 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think all the gen 1 are pissed becose ford just shit on us, saying the jen 2 is not only better or an upgrad but soo much better that the gen 1 is basically crap and done. Well they made the gen 1 and guess what they are making the Jen 2 also. I just dont know why you'd **** of a bunch of pepole that loved your truck and are trying to like a v6. You knew it wouldn't be easy so why not feed off of use that would have been happy to go over it.

The only way I see this crap get better is an apology and getting a 17 to a rr.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think all the gen 1 are pissed becose ford just shit on us, saying the jen 2 is not only better or an upgrad but soo much better that the gen 1 is basically crap and done. Well they made the gen 1 and guess what they are making the Jen 2 also. I just dont know why you'd **** of a bunch of pepole that loved your truck and are trying to like a v6. You knew it wouldn't be easy so why not feed off of use that would have been happy to go over it.

The only way I see this crap get better is an apology and getting a 17 to a rr.

How did Ford shit on the gen 1? Them saying the Gen 2 is new and improved with new features isn't ******** on the gen 1. It's just showing they've tried to make improvements and innovations on the gen 2. Also, the gen 1's are done and sold, the Gen 2's are coming and not sold yet, so obviously ford needs to market them to sell. If they came out with a Gen 2 but said "there's no improvements over a gen 1, we've made nothing better because we didn't want to make it any better than the 1st gen" just to not "**** off" the gen 1 guys, makes no sense.

It's fine if guys don't like the gen 2's. It's all personal preference. To get excited and happy about issues the gen 2 may encounter for the sake of hoping to see it fail? I don't get that viewpoint, aren't you a ford enthusiasts no matter what gen raptor you drive?

And I'm sure they're keeping a certain level of info on the electrical issues encountered, it doesn't benefit them at all to air out every little detail. But I'll take their word, plus the drivers word, that it wasn't a problem with the engine or trans, and was electrical gremlins, over the conspiracy theorists saying oh no that means the new drivetrain was a total failure and it's a coverup. Gimme a break. No matter what is said a select few will always rationalize it to what they want to believe whether it's accurate or not.

PS....folks can be both gen 1 owners & gen 1 enthusiasts at the same time as being gen 2 fans. Doesn't have to be either-or lol.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Give credit where credit is do! The Jen 2 is awsome becose of the first gen and us discussing what would make it better helped!

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was exsited about the Eco boost watching that video that they beat on it, in the end after test drives I bought the 6.2
I drive ford becose I know there tuff hold up to farm use and always out lasted my buddies other models.
I am a FORD guy

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also there's a lot of first time ford owners that thought and was meant to believe thy where buying a raptor that was only going to be produced a short amount of years. I'm happy it's still going but with the big change and mass production it weekens the value.

How ever guys we are the only ones with an SVT Raptor and no one can ever say that again!

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
seems like lots of hate going on here. I've spent time with Greg at the Raptor events for the past 4 years, and he has always been a wealth of knowledge and eager to lend a hand.

Now, I"m curious as anyone to see how the new truck does, but if you stop for a second and think about 143 miles (3.5 TRR laps) in under 5 hours, in what is for the most part a stock truck (external valved fox 3.0's), cage and fuel cell.

I've done TRR 4 times in a truck that has close to 70 grand of work on top of the truck, and doing a TRR lap in an hour twenty in a mostly stock truck is pretty amazing. And that's with just raptors chewing up the track, not full out TT trucks making the whoops look like mountains.

Maybe everyone should chill a bit, and walk a mile (or drive 143) in his shoes.

feel free to direct all flames here ---->DucatiSPS

TRR is tarmac compared to the Parker course too. The last 50 miles is some of the roughest shit you have ever experienced. Giant sand whoops, rocky up hill whoops, etc whoops. It even hurts in a Trophy truck.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Give credit where credit is do! The Jen 2 is awsome becose of the first gen and us discussing what would make it better helped!

Ford arranged it so that every person who buys a gen 2 has to mail 1 cookie to a gen 1 owner as a thank-you, kind of like pen pals :baby:

Also there's a lot of first time ford owners that thought and was meant to believe thy where buying a raptor that was only going to be produced a short amount of years. I'm happy it's still going but with the big change and mass production it weekens the value.

Ford is building them for enthusiasts, not for car collectors lol.

How ever guys we are the only ones with an SVT Raptor and no one can ever say that again!

And the Gen 2's are the only ones with a Ford Performance Raptor. Big whoop lol. I will miss the SVT name because IMO an SVT emblem is cooler than a long "Ford Performance" one, but when it all boils down, it really doesn't make a difference.