Best in the Desert 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every car maker should be improving the products every model change. That does not mean they are ******** on the prior owners, they are just trying to improve and innovate. The innovation is part of the reason I am committed to buying a Gen 2 Raptor. I like my Gen 1 Titan, but its been left to die on the vine and other then some nice styling and a Diesel I dont, need the Gen II completely lacks innovation....so I am drifting to a more superior and more innovative Raptor.

We own a Gen 5 2015 4 Runner. Prior models lacked capabilities and innovation and I never would have bought one. The Gen 4 actually went backwards. My primary trail rig is a 1996 Montero which shares the same type of t/case as the Gen II Raptor(ok, I swapped mine out for a Rubicon Rock Trac 4:1 but still)....After 1996 or so Mitsubishi discontinued its significant off-road innovations and went me too cross over BS for the most part.....never bought one again. And neither did anyone else.

Bought an 05 Xterra, Nissan let it die on the vine until they can now justify lack of sales and discontinue it.(and refused to fix problems)

Had any of these other car makers continued innovating and improving models we might not be driving a 2015 4 Runner TRD Pro and 2017 Raptor. We should be thrilled FORD is dedicating themselves to such a huge upgrade after only a few years of production. There will be weaknesses and things we like better about the original of course, but FORD has to keep innovating or the Raptor will die on the vine, And as ugly as the rest of FORD cars are....I could see it!

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score