Best in the Desert 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Someone should cage their Gen 1, put 3.0's on it, and run against this thing. I'd be curious to see the result.

We have a drive off, drive off people...

Which one is which AHAHAHAH

zoolander-slice-four.jpg

Also according to Ford us Gen 1's "Plow" over the dirt while Gen 2's Skip.

See video - MIN 2:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG6nhuxv078

Last edited:

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've run a stock truck pretty damn hard with factory 2.5's. Another 'go big or go home' person with stock shocks is @Big Blue. These trucks are pretty f'n capable from the factory.

I LOL when I see a new owner swap his brand new OEM Fox shocks for Icons. I'd run any track/course in my truck and kick ass.

image_zpsm1folji8.jpg
image_zpsjli26qku.jpg

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the level of hating is pretty pathetic lol. Not because of legitimate reasons, but petty ones.

Ford was the only one that entered, so by default it's 1 of 1. Since no other manufacture entered, would you guys be happier if they told Ford they weren't allowed to race if they're the only one in their class? Give me a break. Anyone who finishes the first in their class gets an award. You want them to make *special* ones for a class with just 1 entry? Give me a break. Give them the same shit any other class got.

Big deal they upgraded shocks, still 3.0's, and as mentioned above, very good chances that item may end up in the ford racing catalog as a ford aftermarket part.

As for the "more street" for the gen 2's, yeah they went to 3.0 shocks but they were only catering for more street use just because they staggered the shocks lol. Axle wrap blows on the gen 1's, the staggered shocks will be a nice improvement.

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As for the "more street" for the gen 2's, yeah they went to 3.0 shocks but they were only catering for more street use just because they staggered the shocks lol. Axle wrap blows on the gen 1's, the staggered shocks will be a nice improvement.

Wow their turbo. Do you not agree that the major market for this truck will be people who only drive it on the street like "most" trucks out there?

I am pointing out the facts. Gen 2 sits lower based on current pics, which may change.

All the start stop and other features if real is for street use.

Not saying its bad just saying when they made it they looked at who is the largest market it share and frankly we are not it.

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assumed the cage was necessary but the 1200 class is a joke if they are able to change anything other than safety components. Even if it's just the shocks. Why call it the factory stock class if it's not exactly what you'd get from the factory?

Read the class rules, then you will see it's a VERY stock class.