Best in the Desert 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No butt hurt here. I am in line for the '17.... All I'm saying is that I'd prefer to see them run the truck stock. You seem to be the butt hurt one crying over my opinion.

Why "level" the playing field when they knew that nobody else was going to enter their class? Did they think the factory 3.0s couldn't handle these races?

I was replying to all, not you in particular. Again, the 3.0 rule levels the field for all. Let's say someone wanted to race a Dodge (I know, why?), if they cannot run a 3.0, they would struggle. Shocks, like brake pads and tires are wear items and not a big deal.
Rule limitations such as no reinforcing materials, stock bumpers, driveline, etc. are the real limiting factors in this class.
My own truck would not be legal due to aftermarket bumpers and trimmed frame ends, and 37" tires- and I consider my truck to be "stock".
This is a new class, and I think you will see other manufacturers represented before long.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No one can make that call 100% but we can all assume and cry foul and disregard the fact the rest of the truck is stock and it made it through the race.

I agree, it should be in stock trim with a cage, but its not so take it for what it is.

I mean that was your statement, if not for performance, which you know they perform better, then for adjustability because the stockers don't adjust. They modified the suspension to get performance the stockers couldn't get. That doesn't really matter to me, it's just the facts as I see them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
12828464_10102468967680840_765748811069520711_o.jpg

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One other consideration here; this is not a manufacturer class. If an independent racer hopes to get sponsorship or contingency benefits, having a shock option helps. There is a choice of tires, wheels, shocks, lighting, and very little else in this class for the racer to modify in the hopes of getting sponsorship or claiming contingency payouts.
Every little bit helps the independent racer.

Last edited: