Best in the Desert 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I would assume Ford figured that FOX has done ample testing for a production Raptor shock. However, FOX did not build the raptor shocks as a race shock. The UCAs, LCAs, spindle, & tie rods will be what im sure Ford is wanting to test as far as front suspension goes.

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard from a guy who heard from another guy that it was injector issues.....for whatever that's worth.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
What was their point again?

That a stock Raptor can run in a class all by itself and win that class if they finish!

Gen2 issues aside, we don't see any other manufacturer doing this with their "off-road package" trucks. Certainly not as stock as the Gen2 Raptor either.

For all the laughs we got out of the BitD gremlin attack, I'd like to see the Gen2 finish the upcoming events with no real breakdowns.

Reaction score
I heard from a guy who heard from another guy that it was injector issues.....for whatever that's worth.

That is false. Greg sits in the office directly next to mine & we talk about the truck often. The only issue they had was the electrical "gremlin" which ended up being some wires that had rubbed against the rear of the head, eventually fraying. Real simple fix but will take you out of a race pretty quick. They feel very confident going into the Mint in 3 weeks.

mike.s

Reaction score
Ford figured that FOX has done ample testing for a production Raptor shock. However, FOX did not build the raptor shocks as a race shock. The UCAs, LCAs, spindle, & tie rods will be what im sure Ford is wanting to test as far as front suspension goes.

So what is the difference between the stock shock and the "race shock"? And would that be a worthwhile upgrade to purchase?

Reaction score
They chose a stiffer spring to help support the weight added from the roll cage/other equipment. The shock used in the race was also an external bypass, which allowed them to adjust them easily. The factory shock is an internal bypass.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Little late to the show there PropDr, did it really take you that long to google "witty forum comebacks."

If you would not have been so focused on picking fights with forum members you would have noticed that there is a panel to the left that would have informed you as to who is late to the show...
And concerning my 'witty forum comeback' it did not require Google, just a toy in my garage.

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is false. Greg sits in the office directly next to mine & we talk about the truck often. The only issue they had was the electrical "gremlin" which ended up being some wires that had rubbed against the rear of the head, eventually fraying. Real simple fix but will take you out of a race pretty quick. They feel very confident going into the Mint in 3 weeks.

Yeah, the guy who told me was the idiot showing the new truck off at the San Antonio Rodeo last week. I didn't put a lot of weight into what he said.

Good luck at the Mint!!

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They chose a stiffer spring to help support the weight added from the roll cage/other equipment. The shock used in the race was also an external bypass, which allowed them to adjust them easily. The factory shock is an internal bypass.

I'm confused. Aren't the fox front 3.0 bolt in "race" shocks internal bypass? Obviously the rears have external bypass tubes.